Sonic Colours soundtrack available for download from the iTunes Store!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Sonic Colours soundtrack available for download from the iTunes Store!

Post by ResidentSD »

It's something I (and I'm sure others) have asked for in the past.....and we are about to get our wish....

As confirmed by SEGA @ http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2011/01/26/coloursost/ the full Sonic Colours OST will be available to download from the iTunes Store from today in North America and the Europe along with Japan. This is fantastic news and allow those of use who aren't that fussed about the physical product but want a way to purchase the music legally a way to do so.

Individual tracks are available to download, plus you can download each disc for £7.99. Unfortunately, unlike other multi disc compilations, they've decided to sell each disc as a separate album, so you have to pay £7.99 for each disc (so £23.97 for all three) which is very disappointing, but at least we now have a legal way to either pick and choose to download tracks, or to grab the whole collection if we want!

It's available in the US iTunes Store right now (along with Canada I assume) and will apparently be hitting European iTunes Stores shortly!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

As much as I love this news, it irritates me, as it means I'm gonna have to actually start using iTunes and find a good .aac to MP3 converter >_>

But I do hope this means they'll add more soundtracks in future.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:As much as I love this news, it irritates me, as it means I'm gonna have to actually start using iTunes and find a good .aac to MP3 converter >_>

But I do hope this means they'll add more soundtracks in future.
Unfortunately, because the iTunes Store has sortof become a de-facto standard, I think it's safe to say the iTunes Store will be the only store front things like this will be offered on, so you will unfortunately need to use iTunes.

Oh, and iTunes itself is a good AAC to MP3 converter.....just so you know. When RS used to offer MP3 versions of our podcasts, it was iTunes I used to convert the files to MP3.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Darn it, Super Dudley! I was planning on making this thread once they became available on iTunes.

Ah well, at least you saved me the effort. I'm not even sure if there's anything I would actually download from the Sonic Colours soundtrack. None of it really sticks in my mind.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

ResidentSD wrote:Unfortunately, because the iTunes Store has sortof become a de-facto standard, I think it's safe to say the iTunes Store will be the only store front things like this will be offered on, so you will unfortunately need to use iTunes.

Oh, and iTunes itself is a good AAC to MP3 converter.....just so you know. When RS used to offer MP3 versions of our podcasts, it was iTunes I used to convert the files to MP3.
It is?

Well bugger. I don't want to be assimilated by Apple ;_;
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, Apple converts to MP3. There was a time when iTunes wouldn't convert tracks downloaded from the iTunes Store, but they seem to have vanished long, long ago.

Still, good news for being able to legally acquire soundtracks in the West. Not too sure £23 is great value though, you could probably import it for around that if you looked hard enough.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I dont like that the soundtrack is divided into 3 volumes and each is $9.99.
$30 is a bit too much for a soundtrack in my opinion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

RWDebara wrote: $30 is a bit too much for a soundtrack in my opinion.
Someone's obviously never used Play-Asia. ^_^""
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

^ Nope :=D
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah, Apple converts to MP3. There was a time when iTunes wouldn't convert tracks downloaded from the iTunes Store, but they seem to have vanished long, long ago.
That was in the bad old days when all music files on the iTunes Store had DRM on them. Not only are tracks now double the bit rate than before (256k vs 128k) but none of them have DRM on them any more, so you're free to do whatever you want with them.