Playstation Vita!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Playstation Vita!

Post by Kaito-kun »

The pundits were right, the PSP2 was announced this morning. (Just don't let sony hear you call it that.) It's the "Next Generation Portable" or "NGP"

It's...Well, a PSP 2. Touchy screen, two analogue sticks, etc. The usual PSP style games from Sony big names, Uncharted, Metal Gear and, best of all, Everybody's Golf. (Hell yeah!)

Dicuss thoughts!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

It has some impressive tech; 3G, Android, GPS, enough power to play a PS3 game, and it can still play PSP and PS1 games. I reckon it's gonna be about £300 though, maybe more?

But, it doesn't matter how impressive it is, as long as they get plenty of games on it. If they can get Android support and apps going (I'm not sure if it does already) and a great, but reasonably priced digital download section (I.e NOT Mass Effect 2 ¬_¬) then it'll be a good start.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

What I wanna know is what sort of format it's gonna use. Could it be UMD I wonder?
What annoys me is people shouting DSi ripoff. How many devices are available now with a touch screen and camera I must ask?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The thing is going to cost a bomb and the high specs make me worried that they're gonna push away all the small Japanese devs that didn't want to make PS3 level games.

Also it looks uncomfortable and has too much shit going on in terms of controls.
Gonic wrote:What I wanna know is what sort of format it's gonna use. Could it be UMD I wonder?
New format, they look like DS carts.

Edit: Also the thing they felt the need to advertise was the fact that it's bigger than a PSP3000 which was too big to start with. How fucking dumb do you have to be to think "okay here's our new portable system lets show people how massive it is".

Oh and lol mgs4 last thing I'd want to play on a portable.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

It's amazing how many people have portable consoles that predominantly use them indoors anyway so the size doesn't bother me and the thought of basically playing the PS3 on the shitter is a nice concept. It's fully compatible with PSN aswell so anything you do buy off there for your station is supposed to work on this too. And the PS3 has done fine without the small Jap devs so I can live without them anyway.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I would guess this is it's trailer. Was uploaded an hour ago.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote: New format, they look Like DS carts.
I've read that it can play PSP games which would mean it has a UMD drive
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:I've read that it can play PSP games which would mean it has a UMD drive
The PSPgo can also play PSP games.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Ah crap :/ I was gonna trade my PSP in for it aswell.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

richarddavies wrote:the thought of basically playing the PS3 on the shitter is a nice concept.
Maybe that should be their new advertising campaign? XD