Sonic Relief 2011 - Get Your Nose On!

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Sonic Relief 2011 - Get Your Nose On!

Post by Tru »

As already discussed somewhat on RadioSEGA, Sonic Relief is the Sonic community effort to raise money for Comic Relief as ran by Doctor MK. This years event has started now, and is looking for artistic Sonic-themed items and fund raising activities as well as monetary donations.

Sonic Relief is encouraging folks to create 'funny themed' Sonic projects, such as art, animations, whatever creative talents you can put to use, in order to raise money. Submissions will also be in with the chance to win a prize!

Details, as taken from the original Sonic Stadium topic, are:
Entry Submissions
Show off your creative talents in aid of a good cause! Simply create your own piece of humorous Sonic fan art/music/video/etc (the possibilities are endless!) and every one we receive will go towards raising money.

You can either post your entries in this designated topic on SSMB or alternatively e-mail your entries to sonicreliefuk@hotmail.co.uk – the best entries will be in with a chance of winning some goodies! (prizes yet to be revealed)

The theme for entries this year returns to “something funny”, but we’d love to see some entries that incorporate our new Blue Noses to help promote the campaign. So once you’ve made your masterpiece and entered, share it with the world and help to spread the Sonic Relief love across the interweb!

A different kind of entry we will also accept this year comes under the heading of ‘Sonic Relief DIY’, for which we want to see you going out into the big wide world and doing your own spot of Sonic fundraising! Have a sponsored day in blue, participate in a fun run dressed as our favourite ‘hog, make a calendar with your friends, literally anything you can think of – and then pass the proceeds onto us! Simples! Details (preferably with some photographic evidence) of your efforts should be posted in this here topic and the money raised donated via our JustGiving page.

THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES WILL BE FRIDAY 18TH MARCH 2011.

Donations are not compulsory alongside entries this year, however they are obviously encouraged if you have money to give.
Donations for the charity can be made via the Sonic Relief Just Giving page here: www.justgiving.com/sonicreliefuk

Deadlines for donations are Friday 18th March!

RadioSEGA are already making two special contributions to the cause! Songs for Sonic 2 will be the official Sonic Relief music album, which you can already read about on the forum here.

During the event, Gavvie will also be hosting an extra special fundraising show, although he'll be providing more details about that later.

In order to show your support, please look at submiting something creative and you can also add a special Sonic Relief blue nose to your avatar or sig. You can find a bunch of different size images in the Sonic Stadium post as linked above.

And put some monies aside too! ^_^
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

This might be one thing I could help with. Although I've never done this and I'm unfamiliar with it.
Well, first I'll finish my Sonic Comic and than I'll worry about sending it.
Anderson65
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Anderson65 »

Great idea.