New Forum Game Idea?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

New Forum Game Idea?

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Hello all,

This is something I discussed with SoundReaper not too long ago, but I wanted to share the idea of a new game we could play that could possibly be more official like the one Gavvie had done before. Basically it would be called a LOL Sega contest.

The idea is to let the RadioSega staff choose any video game image (official art or screenshot) of their liking and then everyone else has to try and come up with ways to make that particular image funny (staff can enter as well). You can be as lazy or creative as you want as long as you make it funny somehow (and is generally appropriate and doesn't break the forum rules).

After a week or possibly longer, the round would end and then the funniest entries would be collected in a poll for everyone to vote on. After another week or so, whoever has the most votes will be declared the winner and the next round will start with a brand new image.

So I hope this sounds like a fun idea and I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Thanks.
ImageImage
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Personally, I think we've got enough games and believe we're in much more need of discussions.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I like the idea, but I agree with Kaito here, we should really keep Off Topic from becoming the place where you post games and suchlike.

There's some potential for some good, serious discussion around, and it'd be nice to see people taking advantage of that, much like how CapnCloudchaser did with the UK student riots. I'd like to see more of that first.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Yeah im tired of all these new games.

I would like to see some serious discussions like what gavvie said. Good example would be the Crisis in Egypt etcetc.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

But people only ever seem to want to discuss comics. And this seems like a decent idea, like that pictionary game that was quite popular last year.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

RWDebara wrote:Yeah im tired of all these new games.

I would like to see some serious discussions like what gavvie said. Good example would be the Crisis in Egypt etcetc.
Yeah, I think Egypt deserves talking about, and it would be nice to see other serious topics too.

That's just up to us to actually post them though :P
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Oh alright. Sorry to say this but I'm not that interested in world news that much :P Unless it's related to video games or other entertainment. Only exceptions are major disasters or crazy things happening.
ImageImage
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Maybe we should make a thread about World news.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Oh yeah, I forgot to post my past Sonic-only examples and 3 Mario ones. In case y'all change your mind.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Actually, I think a Sega Demotivational Poster type thread could be pretty funny. Yeah, we do need more serious discussions around here, but I don't think having a few silly threads is a bad thing, especially when things are quiet.