Activision (Finally) kills off some of its' IPs

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Activision (Finally) kills off some of its' IPs

Post by Kaito-kun »

Linky

Cooperate Restructuring.

Bye bye Guitar Hero. DJ Hero and Tony Hawk are teetering on the edge. True Crime's been killed off in the prenatal stage. 500 jobs are going. A new studio by the name of "Beachhead" has appeared, focusing on "Online Call of Duty related content".

Shizzle's going down, for better or for worse the company we all love to hate is up to something. New IPs perhaps? More COD focus? Who knows? But we can comment and speculate! Go! Go! Go!

Could this be the beginning of the end? (My fingers are crossed!)
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Heh, most people would ususally put the grocer's apostrophe in the IPs (sorry, I've been checking though the grammar in my work today).

I haven't played a Guitar Hero since the first one, so I'm not surprised the rest of the world has become bored of them now. Didn't think there'd been a True Crime since about 2002 either.

Never really hated the comapny myself, I barely pay any attention to them now I think about it. It's not hard; try it.
Tic Tac, sir?
twistedbee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by twistedbee »

people are not happy about this. But honestly, does anyone expect these gimmick based games to last? as with all fads, eventually they get old... and then no one plays them anymore.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Heh, most people would ususally put the grocer's apostrophe in the IPs (sorry, I've been checking though the grammar in my work today).
Apostrophes are a personal grammatical fixation. I'm rubbish with colons and semi-colons though. I believe you've pointed that out to me in the past.
Killer French Bread wrote:Never really hated the comapny myself, I barely pay any attention to them now I think about it. It's not hard; try it.
To be honest that idea had never really crossed my mind. Perhaps I shall give it a go!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

*psst* I was trying to point out the apostrophe in it's. You usually have good grammer, that's why I noticed it.

I don't play COD or Tony Hawk since it went all ghetto, so just don't come into contact with them that much. Thought about getting DJ Hero for about 5 minutes once, that's as close as it's got to me buying one of their games recently.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:*psst* I was trying to point out the apostrophe in it's. You usually have good grammer, that's why I noticed it.
...Biscuits. >_< *Edits* It's late. That's my excuse.

Killer French Bread wrote:I don't play COD or Tony Hawk since it went all ghetto, so just don't come into contact with them that much. Thought about getting DJ Hero for about 5 minutes once, that's as close as it's got to me buying one of their games recently.
I liked Tony Hawk when I was younger but it lost it's appeal over time. The environments you could skate around just started to feel same-y and I had reached a point where I could clear a new game in an afternoon or two. CoD gets on my nerves due to the hype that surrounds it and Guitar Hero never felt like much fun in my view.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Sad to see them go really.

Guitar Hero is absolutely epic, and ironically Warriors of Rock was one of the best entries in the series. It's a shining case of a franchise being whored out too quick when all it really needed was DLC support.

Tony Hawk's has been sucking since 4. They need to get back to basics and remember what made the originals so fun. Stupid challenges, sandbox environments & unrealistic grinds.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote: Tony Hawk's has been sucking since 4. They need to get back to basics and remember what made the originals so fun. Stupid challenges, sandbox environments & unrealistic grinds.
I have to agree there. Pro Skater 4 was by far the highlight of the series.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Tony Hawk 4 is where I left it. I prefered the arcade style approach that the time limit placed on you, I know things couldn't have stayed like that forever because it would have become too limited and dated compared to all the 'sandbox' stuff around, but I can't be bothered to skate round looking for things to do. It's adding a pointless task inbetween the good bits.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Run, Bungie, run for your life!!