THE Wedding of All Time

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

THE Wedding of All Time

Post by Twinny »

I'd figure I contribute to this section of the forums since I know pretty much EVERYONE knows about THE wedding of all weddings to take place on April 29th. Kate Middleton is set to tie the knot with Prince Willam at Westminster Abbey in what is sure to be an epic event worldwide. Details have been speculated here and there while other details have been secretly kept shut.

Even though I might not be all interested that much about the wedding (then why am I posting this?!?! :P ), I'll be surprised to see how the media is going to approach all of this, as a matter-of-factly. I'm expecting wall-to-wall coverage of it all, from the days before it happens to about half a week.

Oh, in case you need some rembering here's some linkies to about it
Linky
MoarLinky
Even Moar Linky

Have anything to say about THE wedding of all weddings? Have your say here.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

It says a lot when an American is posting this thread rather than a Brit. (Or another nation where the monarch is the official head of state, such as Canadia and Ozzyland)

Americans do love our royals. It makes me wonder why you decided to reject them back in 1775.

I feel sorry for Kate Middleton. The media's going to endlessly compare her to Diana.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

The only thing I give a shit about with this is that I get a day off work because they made it a national holiday. That'll do me.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I thought this was gonna be about the couple that got married at KFC.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

richarddavies wrote:The only thing I give a shit about with this is that I get a day off work because they made it a national holiday. That'll do me.
Every Cloud eh?

I do believe Kate Moss said "two Kates are getting married this year and mine will be the one you remember"...Yeah, good luck with that one.

Sky News will have their awful wall to wall coverage as always and the Daily Mail will probably release a limited edition mug/plate. I don't think I'll watch it on any channel to be honest.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Wait.. Who is getting married?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:It says a lot when an American is posting this thread rather than a Brit. (Or another nation where the monarch is the official head of state, such as Canadia and Ozzyland)

I just like to see what the world is doing nowadays. Has an bigger impact on me as a human witnessing these things, you know?
Americans do love our royals. It makes me wonder why you decided to reject them back in 1775.

Why, I have never seen that hap- "checks YouTube" oh that, eh, well I...uh..."runs off to an abandoned warehouse" ^^

(I really didn't know we did that to be honest. My U.S teacher has some explaining to do!)
I feel sorry for Kate Middleton. The media's going to endlessly compare her to Diana.

That's a reason why I dislike some methods the media tends to do about events like this. And to go on and on about it for days and DAYS on end...there's another one we have to talk about for another month.
richarddavies wrote:The only thing I give a shit about with this is that I get a day off work because they made it a national holiday. That'll do me.

Cheers for exclusive, region-only holidays breaks! (I still have to go to school...ugh...)
i need fruit wrote: Sky News will have their awful wall to wall coverage as always and the Daily Mail will probably realise a limited edition mug/plate. I don't think I'll watch it on any channel to be honest.

That bothers you, too, huh? I'm expecting most of the channels here to either have relentless coverage of it, like on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and the other news networks. Hell, even there mere be related programming about the wedding on other channels that has NOTHING to do with the wedding in the first place.

At least I'll have my Cartoon Network and movie channels :)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Will not change much in my life. I am far away... too bad I will not have the day off =/
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Yeah, but not everyone's give people the day off. My mum's livid about how the local education authority "Haven't made up their mind" yet.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

mtwinny wrote: At least I'll have my Cartoon Network and movie channels :)
Amen to that brother.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST