Virtual-On Force

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Schubert
Level 2
Level 2

Virtual-On Force

Post by Schubert »

I searched but I could not find a topic about Virtual-On Force, so I opened a new one. Like many of you surely know, Virtual-On Force has been released only in Japan but it's region free, so it's playable by europeans and americans too.

I bought the game one month ago. It's pretty good, despite some simplifications and a big slowdown compared to Oratorio Tangram. However the online mode is something like unplayable for an european, because there's much lag with japanese players and it's hard to find opponents.

I have the translations of all the menus of the game from japanese to italian. In anyone here is interested I could translate them to english. Let me now.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

A new Virtual On? I'm interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Wizpig
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wizpig »

Yeah, not that new (the Arcade version came out in 2001), but definitely new if we consider the console market only.

It's a must-buy for Sega fans.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wizpig wrote:Yeah, not that new (the Arcade version came out in 2001), but definitely new if we consider the console market only.

It's a must-buy for Sega fans.
Considering how relevant Arcades are outside of Japan it might as well be considered a brand new game.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Good thread.
Schubert wrote:Image

I searched but I could not find a topic about Virtual-On Force, so I opened a new one. Like many of you surely know, Virtual-On Force has been released only in Japan but it's region free, so it's playable by europeans and americans too.
You have my attention...
Schubert wrote:I bought the game one month ago. It's pretty good, despite some simplifications and a big slowdown compared to Oratorio Tangram. However the online mode is something like unplayable for an european, because there's much lag with japanese players and it's hard to find opponents.
If I'm honest simplifications and a bit of slow down compared to OT sounds like a good thing to me.
Schubert wrote:I have the translations of all the menus of the game from japanese to italian. In anyone here is interested I could translate them to english. Let me now.
Is there any hope for a Western release? I wouldn't want to import it only to hear an announcement two days after it arrives through the post.
Schubert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Schubert »

Kaito-kun wrote: Is there any hope for a Western release? I wouldn't want to import it only to hear an announcement two days after it arrives through the post.
Nope. The reason of the decision to make japanese version region free (usually locked for Xbox 360 games) is because they haven't plans for a western release. Virtual-On unfortunately is a serie with very small appeal in the west. I think we could consider us lucky to have the japanese version playable, I wouldn't have bet anything on that, it was a surprise for me.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Schubert wrote:Nope. The reason of the decision to make japanese version region free (usually locked for Xbox 360 games) is because they haven't plans for a western release. Virtual-On unfortunately is a serie with very small appeal in the west. I think we could consider us lucky to have the japanese version playable, I wouldn't have bet anything on that, it was a surprise for me.
I see. At least the developers considered the importers. Looks like I'll have to give Play-Asia a visit.
Schubert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Schubert »

I forgot to mention that the game has been released in a great limited edition: a Memorial Box with 6 CD soundtrack and a beautiful artbook.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Schubert wrote:I forgot to mention that the game has been released in a great limited edition: a Memorial Box with 6 CD soundtrack and a beautiful artbook.
Oooooooooooooohhhhh...I do love a CD soundtrack. It's the only reason I ordered Deathsmiles.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Schubert wrote:I forgot to mention that the game has been released in a great limited edition: a Memorial Box with 6 CD soundtrack and a beautiful artbook.
If that was anywhere near affordable you'd have me hook, line and sinker. Absolutely love the Virtual-On series, and have to say I'm quite gutted that it's never hit the same heights here as it did in Japan.