COMING SOON: RadioSEGA Character Battle 2013

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

How many competitors would you like?

32 please, the quicker the better!
47%
64 please, I'd love to see Flicky win!
53%

Total votes: 15

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

ozzypt wrote:How is the actual "character battle" going to be like per turns?
Here's how it'll work (aka how we did it in another forum I used to go to years ago):

1 - You guys pick the characters you want represented, once we've decided on how many we want. Depending on that number, there will be a cap on how many you can pick from one game/franchise, in order to have a fair spread of characters.
2 - Using a random number generator, we'll pair the characters off against each other and build a bracket. I've seen instances where this is shared with the members, but in those instances tactical voting ensued so certain characters would end up beating others so they could progress onto a more anticipated matchup, so..we might not share this with you. Not sure.
3 - The fun bit. A sub-forum will be created, and poll threads created for each matchup. You will have a set amount of time to vote on who you'd think would win, and you'll also be able to discuss the match taking place. The character with the most votes at the end of the time period wins and progresses to the next round, at which point the thread is closed. This continues until we have a winner.

--

So there we go. Before we get started, I have one question for you that I'd like answering: 32 competitors, or 64? 32 will ensure a shorter competition by one round, as it'd go 32-16-8-4-2-1, but 64 will let you get more characters in. You should notice a poll at the top for this, so please drop your choice in there.

Ta!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I went for 32; I can potential in continuing this if this first run becomes successful.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Should I assume we're going to create a new thread for character suggestions?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Might be for the best, yeah.

We'll hold off on that until a decision has been made regarding how many we'll actually be putting in :P
snoopy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by snoopy »

Kaito-kun wrote:Should I assume we're going to create a new thread for character suggestions?
I would like to see sonic villans(besides Eggman)
Gotta Juice!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Going to close this poll in the next day or two so we can start cracking on with character selections in January, with a likely start date for the Battle in February, so if you haven't decided yet, now would be a good time :)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Why do I sense Kaito-Kun rallying up support for the 64 option? XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

The more the merrier, imo.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:Why do I sense Kaito-Kun rallying up support for the 64 option? XD
Possibly. But only because I'd rather not see the nomination list filled with the predictable SEGA cast.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I don't think I'll be voting on this poll, but if I was going to I'd be more tempted by the 64 option so we can get more characters in, and therefore offer a bit of a better competition.