Games you hate that everyone loves?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Games you hate that everyone loves?

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Basically the opposite of the "games only you could love" thread. There are a few that I absolutely despise that ..well nobody seems to agree with me on.

First one off the top of my head is the Halo series. I despise it. It's a solid series, with nothing technically wrong with it, but my god compared to other shooters it really is nothing special and I was actually pretty bored with it when I played it for the first time. Completely overrated. Honestly, if I bought an original Xbox I probably wouldn't even get Halo 1 or 2. Ever.

Second one of course is the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. You guys probably already know my stance on this series. To each their own though, right? Though I do thoroughly enjoy the Taiko No Tatsujin series, and Audiosurf for the PC.

Power Stone 2. I love the first Power Stone but this one? ...pass. Sorry, but I just don't like it. In my opinion (remember, just my opinion) there's not really any improvements over the first one at all. The Idea of it is cool, but it's too damn short and..well, I just didn't find it nearly as fun as the first. Big MEH for me. Like Halo, it's a solid game, I just don't see what's so special about it and I'd much rather play the first one over 2.

Final Fantasy. Before you shun me, I don't actually hate this series. Aside from FF6 and FF8, I just simply can't get into the rest of the series. Doesn't tickle my fancy. I might look into playing 7 though eventually. But yeah, there are a few other RPG's that I've got into and enjoyed much more, like Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Golden Sun, and the Breath Of Fire series.

Alex Kidd. I really did try to like these games, but I simply can't. I guess it's just because I didn't grow up with them, but I don't find them fun in the slightest. EXCEPT for Alex Kidd in Shinobi World because I'm a huge Shinobi fan and it kind of plays similar. I love that one. But all the others?..meh. Sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Probably that Shadow of the Collossus. Bollocks puzzles, crap controls, barren landscapes and a shit storyline. A misty horizon and a horse seems to guarantee critical success though.
Tic Tac, sir?
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

That's easy for me to answer.

Angry Birds (iOS, now also on Android I believe) is ridiculously over-rated in my opinion. I got it after having heard it talked about so often, but quite frankly I don't see the appeal.
It's frustrating but mindless trial and error. Being able to aim a bird at something with sufficient accuracy isn't strategy or logic, which is what I would expect from a puzzle game. ChuChu Rocket FTW!
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

None, because my opinion is obviously law and everyone agrees with me.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Halo. The multiplayer is good, ill give it that but its never changed gameplay wise...Also its overrated for reasons i dont understand.

W.o.W Its like every other MMORPG out there. A grind fest and what do you get outta of it exactly?

Mass Effect 1 & 2 Ive never been a big fan of americian RPGS but this was just awful (It annoyed me it got so many GOTY awards) When i played this i found myself falling asleep to running around and talking for to people for about two hours. >_< I have gotten further in it but for some reason i cant seem to enjoy it.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hmmm... Let's see.... Games I do not like... Uhhh..... Umm.... Oh yeah I know!

Mario 64. Now I'm going to get mashed on this a lot but I always had a dislike for Mario 64. I used to play it a few times when I was a kid, on my PC (this is Iran we're talking about) and I never managed to pass the first level. It also gave me a scare when bowser laughed when a door was locked. Whether it was because I had the Japanese version and didn't understand what it was written or it was because I don't like Mario, I didn't like that game. I do wonder how it would be though if I play it now.

I'll figure out others later, but now, I'm blank.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

o_o You play Sonic games and couldn't get past the first level on Mario 64? That makes no sense at all.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

I never like Mario64 too.
I hated Carmageddon. Everyone liked it because you could kill people by riding them over. I thought the controls of the car were incredibly bad. Never liked it one bit.
Schubert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Schubert »

I hate many games to say the truth. For example Call of duty, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space are the first that come to mind.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I cant believe Mario 64 is even mentioned in this thread! For shame.

COD I could never enjoy, the level of realism topped with the necessity to play multiplayer never sat well with me.

Any Sports Game (excluding Camp Manager)
My friends all love PES and some Cricket game I cant remember the name of. I've tried to play These types of games but I get strangely annoyed at the utter shitness of it all.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST