Best/Worst LOOKING Consoles?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Best/Worst LOOKING Consoles?

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I got this idea from Racketboy actually. I thought it'd fit in well here. I don't only mean consoles here, I just wanted to keep the title short. State what your favorite and most disliked designs of not only consoles, but cartridges and controllers as well. I'd prefer you guys only talk about the first party controllers. Mention third party ones if you like, but do include a first party one that you like/dislike as well.

Best
Console: Sega Saturn Model 1. Ever since I first saw it in EGM back when it first came about, just..wow. To me, that thing looked like serious business. PS2 Slim comes in a close second because it's just so damn sleek, and despite any shit that anyone talks about it, I simply don't care. They've always worked fine for me.
Cartridge: Sega Megadrive. Those had the best artwork IMO and the shape was cool.
Controller: Sega Saturn BY FAR (the one that came with the Model 2 in the US). Close second would be the SNES controller.

Worst
Console: Everyone says Atari Jaguar. That one is obvious. How about the NEC Supergrafx? That thing is hideous. So's the USA version of the Turbographx-16 especially when the CD add-on is attached. Just looks totally out of place, and the design of the system itself is well..dumb.
Cartridge: Sega Master System. Sure, Jaguar carts look..well, odd but at least the damn things had artwork on them.
Controller: I'd say something like Colecovision, but that's not even in the same category as most controllers. I'm not a fan of the N64 controllers. There's not a single thing about their design that I like. And of course the Jaguar controller fails hard too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I've never been one to get hung up over the physical design of a console, providing it does what it's supposed to do.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

This topic is just for fun..you mean to tell me you don't have a personal preference or favorite controller or anything?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:This topic is just for fun..you mean to tell me you don't have a personal preference or favorite controller or anything?
No. ^_^""
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Mmkay then.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Worst console I've seen was a mate's blue N64 with a Pokeman on it. Indefensible.
Tic Tac, sir?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Eh, I dunno. =D
I always felt the Wii had a quite nice design.

As for worst, that hands down goes to the Genesis/Megadrive with all add-ons. I mean, look at this abomination:

Not to mention each of them needed their own power plug. 9_9
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

best: wondermega v1 (I think it still looks the best, even by todays standards

worst: supergrafx, specially with the cd addon (panasonic q is close second though)

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

A Megadrive with the first Mega CD looks alright. Got that old fashioned stack stereo style to it.
Tic Tac, sir?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I dunno, the Panasonic Q is a giant, but it looks pretty nifty imo.

The Virtual Boy, on the other hand...
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit