Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Just out of intrest:

Pad or Arcade Stick? and why?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

If your going to put a good few hours in...

Arcade stick, from what little fighting games from this generation i've played its been a lot better with a stick

It may be a little awkward at first if your so used to a controller but after a while it becomes a lot easier & a hella lot easier to do special moves as you aren't bending all your fingers, i know i switched easy, but then again, i did play a lot of Metal Slug & Street Fighter 2 in a proper arcade cab

I'm sure you'll pick one up for the price of a new pad if you shop around

Just been playing the School Days Visual Novel... Overflows animation department need a kick up the arse, some of the animation is just pure laziness

Zooming in on a face & passing it off as a new scene, then doing a fresh shot then going in to a zoomed face from the previous shot, no... just no |:

Still, looking forward to School Days HQ when Jast/Sekai eventually release it
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Ive wanted to be good at MvsC3 and i invested in an arcade stick. The learning curve is huge D; Ive been at it for 3 months and still not use to it.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

Option wrote:It's Christmas season, so yes, the music played on the radio is getting worse.
Yeah, holiday music gets pretty annoying, but my friend and I listened to a holiday music station last night while driving around the city. It was pretty funny.

Ever since moving down to SF, I stopped listening to the radio (primarily because I don't drive down there and the only time I ever listen to the radio is in a car). Few months later, I go back home where cars are more accessible. I swear, when I came back home for Thanksgiving break, I heard that Bruno Mars song (you know, the ending theme to that other Twilight movie) countless times on every station. It's like they'll put anything on the radio these days.

5 days til Christmas, bee-tee-dubs. How's the season going for everybody?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

It's going pretty well for me and TheChaosBlue, though there's no sign of a white Christmas this year in the city. But we are going to see our cousin during the upcoming winter break from school though....thank goodness.....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Matty wrote:If your going to put a good few hours in...

Arcade stick, from what little fighting games from this generation i've played its been a lot better with a stick

It may be a little awkward at first if your so used to a controller but after a while it becomes a lot easier & a hella lot easier to do special moves as you aren't bending all your fingers, i know i switched easy, but then again, i did play a lot of Metal Slug & Street Fighter 2 in a proper arcade cab

I'm sure you'll pick one up for the price of a new pad if you shop around
Actually, it's more of a player's preference. Time to get technical!

I've known a few local players that switched from pad to stick and they do mention the complicated learning curve, but most of them (myself included) grew playing fighters or shoot'em ups with a stick, hence why they purchased an arcade stick for them to play more comfortably, thus the learning curve depends on the fighter's mechanics, and how they can be applied to the stick.

Although, there is those kinds of people that still rock the pad, or known as the "Pad Warriors". Prime examples can be Wolfkrone, who got Top 8 on Super Street Fighter 4 AE on this year's EVO, and one of the top Marvel 3 players, Fanatiq, still uses a pad, and always used since MvC2 on the Dreamcast.
The thing is, players who buy the console version of fighting games instead of going to arcades, will get better at it, and have the same learning curve as to a stick after getting used to said pad. Plus, fingercramps don't matter if you do great bread'n'butter combos or FADCs. :P

The point is, whether it's a stick or a pad, play with what you're better at, don't affect your gameplay with a sudden controller change, or else buying a stick would seem like a waste.

------------------------------------------------

I'm actually anxious for this Christmas, this will be the first one that, on Secret Santa, will give something really big, and it freaking cost me 799€. An ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop, with an i7 and 8GBs of RAM, for gaming and Illustrator works. Plus, with this, I can see my laptop back, yay. ._.
I live here now!
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I was playing Tekken 6 last night and I was using the analog stick and damn it was fun. Hard to use in Scenario Campaign though. I use the d-pad for that, since it's a helluva lot easier to actually hit enemies.

I can't wait to get that arcade stick for Christmas. Yeah, it's actually a stick. I was looking through a catalogue for the store where mum got it from and it says it's a 'fighting stick.' The PS3 one is red and the 360 one is green.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Using a pad seriously hurts my thumbs after prolonged play. Which is likely a mix of me pressing down too hard and the PS3 D-Pad being a bit shit. Sticks are like a million times more comfortable, though it's taking me a while to find the best way to hold the stick. Plus it's dead easy to personalize and pimp out.

also what? I wish I had you as a Secret Santa, best I ever get is like a gift card at GAME.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

We did secret santa at work. I got a 10pk of Stella. I'm more of a vodka drinker to be honest. I think it's gassy as fuck stella.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Reknoc wrote:Using a pad seriously hurts my thumbs after prolonged play. Which is likely a mix of me pressing down too hard and the PS3 D-Pad being a bit shit. Sticks are like a million times more comfortable, though it's taking me a while to find the best way to hold the stick. Plus it's dead easy to personalize and pimp out.

also what? I wish I had you as a Secret Santa, best I ever get is like a gift card at GAME.
Same here, in the early SF4 days, I only used a pad, and it hurt like hell, when I got a stick, it got really smoother, and felt more comfortable.

and fuck that, this is the ONLY time I'l give something beyond 200€, I was almost this close to not buying anything ._.
I live here now!