Random Chit-Chat Thread

What it says on the tin...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Just a couple of pieces of my characters. At the same time I'm trying to do more group shots more, as well as a bit more dynamic single character ones.
Oh that sounds nice.

I personally haven't been doing much drawing myself with the whole year 12 coming in and messing a lot of things for me. Plus the fact that I'm a lazy fork and I can't be bothered finishing my work.

I think the last pieces of art I was doing (around half a year ago) would be some of the things below:
Click to reveal
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

^ The perspective in the first drawing...I like it how you do that
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I couldn't really find a suitable thread for this so I figured I'll just post this here. I found and read it on facebook and thought that it did have a point.

Let the discussion begin!
Chukapi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Chukapi »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I couldn't really find a suitable thread for this so I figured I'll just post this here. I found and read it on facebook and thought that it did have a point.

Let the discussion begin!
Yeah, this image makes a really good point. It's why (and brace yourselves for what's possibly an unpopular opinion around here...) I actually really loved Sonic Rush. To me, it's the only recent (I say loosely) Sonic game that truly captured the spirit of classic Sonic games. I did not like Sonic Rush Adventure.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Basically Sonic Team ran out of original ideas.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Yeah Sonic Rush wasn't that bad. It had some nice stuff and ideas. Rush Adventure could be better but in the end, Sega has truly ran out of ideas. Sonic Boom (the game) was another piece of garbage that followed the Sonic Cycle for most Sonic fans and it'll probably keep on going. Sega just doesn't seem to know how to make good Sonic games anymore. They finally got the Hedgehog engine right but "Nooooo, we wanna try something new" they said. Fakin hell.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Sega just doesn't seem to know how to make good Sonic games anymore. They finally got the Hedgehog engine right but "Nooooo, we wanna try something new" they said. Fakin hell.
And we see why the Sonic brand isn't that strong in Japan right now in terms of games while its other franchises & IPs are flourishing nicely from their games, merch, clothing, apparel and even an anime series.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I hate that Sonic cycle image. It was irrelvent the last 3 games and now the damn thing is back
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The Sonic Cycle is idiotic. Maybe if Sonic fans didn't get so overly hyped every time a new game is announced, they wouldn't be so bitterly disappointed when it's not as good as they expected it to be.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

I think the hype train may have finally derailed now, at least for me!
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.