Random Chit-Chat Thread

What it says on the tin...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Dr Shaneman wrote:All I did was pay for something that I thought I had enough money for but it turned out I didn't.
Have you tried contacting them? They locked me when CR tried to take the money out for my sub but I didn't have it at the time. Should really do so myself but eeeeeeeh effort, at least I can still use them as a guest since I have a new card lol
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Killer French Bread wrote:paypal are cunts, they've robbed me a couple of times now.
I concur! And an eBay user had their PayPal not registered, so PP wouldn't give me my money back.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Reknoc wrote:Have you tried contacting them? They locked me when CR tried to take the money out for my sub but I didn't have it at the time. Should really do so myself but eeeeeeeh effort, at least I can still use them as a guest since I have a new card lol
Tried loads of emails, Only got 1 reply and it wasn't much help from what I remember.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Tried loads of emails, Only got 1 reply and it wasn't much help from what I remember.
Emails are done by robots, actually call them up, the system is a hell of a lot better than it was a few years back.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Matty wrote:Emails are done by robots, actually call them up, the system is a hell of a lot better than it was a few years back.
So you're not put constantly on hold?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Dr Shaneman wrote:So you're not put constantly on hold?
Nope, my sister had her account hacked into & stuff bought, I rung them at 5pm (a peak time I'd assume) & the call was answered within a min of calling & they did what they could there & then, although the 1st person i spoke to was a bit of a moron (kept saying it was a phishing scam despite it showing up in her account)

Front line staff are idiots but i suppose they have to stick to their script & they are massively better than there have been in the past (especially since Ebay officially took them over)
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

On a side note: Here you go Kaito - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21304049

Looks like Twitters been compromised!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I got through to PayPal but I need to wait until next week to contact their collections department apparently.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Matty wrote:On a side note: Here you go Kaito - www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21304049

Looks like Twitters been compromised!
Not sure why you mentioned me there, but thanks, I guess?

I switched my password a couple of days ago when the new first broke, but it's worth posting the link so other users know to change their twitter account passwords ASAP.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:Not sure why you mentioned me there, but thanks, I guess?

I switched my password a couple of days ago when the new first broke, but it's worth posting the link so other users know to change their twitter account passwords ASAP.
Did that say the check to check your emails first? To see if you're affected? Because I did and got nothing. So I'm good right?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010