Project 7: The Truth

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Project 7: The Truth

Post by Gavvie »

Hi. As you may or may not know, we've been talking about Project 7 for a while now. Since 2009, as it happens. In the past 18 months or so, we've been teasing you with what the upgrades will bring to the site, and I have to applaud you all for being patient.

However, patience does eventually wear thin, and whilst I can't exactly tell you when P7 will be ready (I do keep getting told "soon"), I don't feel it's fair to keep you guys hanging. So, I'm going to tell you all what exactly we're hoping to achieve with P7.

Now, this list is nowhere near extensive, and we may add/remove features, but what I'm about to tell you is near enough what you should expect to see when the new site goes live. Without further ado, here goes nothing:
  • RadioSEGA will be covering more than just reviews. Starting with P7, we will also be providing opinions on games due to be released, as well as a variety of features provided by the Review Team and RS Staff. In addition, all Reviewers will be able to update the Reviews and Features pages themselves, and won't have to rely on the current system we have in place.
  • Every RadioSEGA LiVE Show will have its own page, along with a seperate blog, allowing the host to keep the listeners up to date on what they can expect to hear on the show. Again, hosts will be able to do this themselves.
  • Game of the Month is returning! Along with an article about why the game has been chosen, it will also be accompanied by a video review on our YouTube channel and, if applicable, a pair of links. One of these links will take you over to SEGA Media, where you can download the soundtrack. The other will allow you to buy the soundtrack, and any money earned via an affiliation to go towards the RS server bill.
  • All being well, the playlist will see a radical overhaul. Instead of seeing a massive list of songtracks, you SHOULD get an A-Z list of games. Clicking the game name will then show you the songs in that soundtrack. Regardless of whether or not this feature makes it in, it will be a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. The "Now and Next" section, currently on the top of the page, will move to the side, and each game will have its own album art. I'm not aware of any changes on the forum skin at this present time.
  • Whilst this won't happen with P7, in time we will be looking at upgrading the forums to vB4. Of course, we can't do this without donations, but in upgrading we'll be able to update our security, and then registering and posting will be a lot easier.
There's probably a lot more that will spring to mind after I post this, and if they do, I will update this thread accordingly. I will also update this thread as soon as we have a tentative release date. It was about time you all knew what we were doing, so hopefully now you can read this and start to get excited :)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

That's Awesome. I'm also very happy that the VIP idea didn't make it. or are you still thinking about it?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Still thinking, but it's not something we're going to launch P7 with. I think it's the best way to go with regards to raising money for the server bill regularly, but we'll see what form it takes.

First things first, however - P7 needs to launch.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

With a thread title like that I was assuming that it would turn out that Project 7 was the front for some bizarre conspiracy.

Sounds like a good set of improvements though.
tasmwill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tasmwill »

Well, a lot of news and good things to come. Hope everything goes well Gavvie.
Go ahead, make my day.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Are you still going to implement the private user playlist to enqueue into the requests?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Again, possibly. I'd have to have a look into that once the site's actually up and running.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Now that's sounds freaking awesome right there! I'm looking forward to seeing the new RadioSEGA in the future!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Yeah, im quite stoked to see what the future of RadioSEGA holds!!!
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Definitely sounds good. Looking forward to it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.