SEGA GenBreaker

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

SEGA GenBreaker

Post by Rayne »

SEGA have just announced that they're returning to the console wars next generation.

What path do they take? Technologically sound or cheap and effective? Focus on multiplayer or single? Multimedia or dedicated gaming? Input methods?

What's the software launch lineup?

Can you make SEGA a competitor again?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:SEGA have just announced that they're returning to the console wars next generation.
Just to clarify for some people: This is a fictional scenario, yes?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:Just to clarify for some people: This is a fictional scenario, yes?
No, a company with a portfolio lamer than a 20 year old donkey and a mascot with as much wow-factor as a box of pencils has decided to bankrupt themselves trying to take on 3 giants.

...I wish they would mind...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

What do you mean by a lame portfolio, not many good licences? Not every company has to be like Nintendo, they could actually make some new games. Like they did with the Master System, Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast.
Tic Tac, sir?
tasmwill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tasmwill »

Sega returning reminds me of this bit:
&quot wrote: IGN had posted this article about the fate of the Shenmue series :

"Shenmue 3 Will Not Be Announced Sorry Shenmue fans. Shenmue 3 is not going to be announced...ever."

And one fan responded with this :

"Your words cut to the bone, but I contend that you are mistaken sir, because the truth of the matter is as follows: As early as 1998 Sega had already planned on exiting the console business because they had a dream. A dream to create the greatest game series ever.

Sega planned on putting all its resources into this game series, and has spent near a billion dollars to date. That series is, of course, Shenmue. The only reason they release shovelware like they do today, is because they need to make up for the staggering costs of supporting the largest team of all-star game developers ever assembled who are now working on the Shenmue series. Once Shenmue III through XV are unleashed upon the unworthy masses, Sega will put the series to rest for a while, and release the Sega Renegade, the most powerful console ever which will be as fast as contemporary super computers, and will only cost $299.99.

How will they afford such a price point you ask? Simple. With the rumoured billions upon billions of dollars they make from the sales of the Shenmue series, including the five box-office hit movies, and the long running T.V. series.

Every single person involved in the creation of Shenmue will then go on to form their own game studios and they will all go on to create smash hits, as well as reviving every single game in Sega's back catalogue.

Isao Okawa will not be pleased that I have let the cat out of the bag, but I could not morally keep this info from the public any longer."
Poor delusional fanboy :(

But anyway, it is not a fictional scenario? Gotta take some time to think.
Go ahead, make my day.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Wait, so is sega actually returning or is this another joke that I don't get...?
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Proof please? I'd like to see this news from an official source before I form an opinion.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

yeah, pics/links or it didn't happen
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

*Sigh* I bet now Rayne sees why I asked him to clarify for some people...

It's a fictional scenario and he's asking what you would like to see if SEGA did make a new system. He was being sarcastic in his original reply because he thought it was obvious that it wouldn't actually happen.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well, figured it was too good to be true.