Apple

What it says on the tin...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Apple

Post by Matty »

So what do you guys think of the IPad 2?

Amzing isnt it? its a very slim media type thingy WOW, and to think, no-one ever thought of the idea before, prehaps that dream i had of a me holding slim portable pc called a tablet was really a dream

Oh wait it happened to me a few years ago, before apple even invited the iphone

Come on guys, yes Apple do make "nice looking" products but why the hell do a lot of you act like they are superior to everything else?

Ipod, yeah ok it was a good looking mp3 player for the time, but it was still bulky as hell & didnt offer USB plug & play

Also its MY IPOD, i paid for it (and it wasn't cheap) so let me use MY SOFTWARE on it, not your crappy itunes that likes to format it everytime its plugged into a new computer or has a habbit of freezing while eating all my cpu/ram resources

Apple devices wouldnt be scoutenized? (spelling?) so much if they didnt offer half as much for twice the price

IE: Apple macbook, if you want a 512gb SSD drive in your new macbook you have to pay £990, yet if you want a 1tb in your alienware you get it for £650 (ok not twice as much but point still stands)

IE2: http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-details/m587ata - Costs how £2.6k inc vat

You could buy a top of the line Gamming/CAD Pc with 2,3 or maybe even 4 times as much ram, 2 6870's in corssfire/sli? (is that the new top of the line AMD card?) and an i5 at 3.5 ghz (overclocks to 4.2 with only 1 or 2c temp increases, 4.7 at a push with 15 - 25c temp increases but the voltages will kill the processor quicker) and then add on a monitor of the same size or dual monitors of a smaller size for the same price easily

Then you can go & install OSX on top of that with hackintosh (i'm debating wether to install OSX on my laptop)

Also, wouldnt that PC be upgradeable? And parts are easy to access/replace & dont invalidate any warranty, last time i checked macs aren't that easy to upgrade

Many exmples exist of Apple charging over the odds for things that "look nice" and screwing customers over (Iphone 4 fiasco anyone) Most companies would have done a recall but nooo, Apple are too proud for that & instead offer a case with an RRP of £25 (which could be brought elsewhere for what? £5,£10?)

Nice to see people flocking to buy the Ipad 2 when its using the same tech as Ipad 1 just with a camera & everything more tightly compact, oh and your Ipad 1 accessories wont work with it so that £50 dock/keyboard you brought for your Ipad is not comaptible with your Ipad2

and on that note i laugh at you all lining Steve Jobbs pocket's, i'd rather spend my money on a dell tablet/laptop in one & donate the change to charity, at least then i dont have to spend stupid money buying a keyboard, or money to buy a dock to make it easier to charge

Anyone else have an opinion on Apple? I'm sure i'm not the only one on here who dislikes them & what they stand for

Finally its good to see a lot of people starting to choose HTC/Android over Apple & the Ios, Has the Iphone finally gotten flash player yet? which tbf 99% of websites use in some form
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Not as good as Oranges.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I prefer banana's tbf, much tastier
Click to reveal
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't really care either way when it comes to Apple products. I use my iPod Touch a lot and iTunes is my default media player they're not without their flaws but they're solid enough products.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:I don't really care either way when it comes to Apple products. I use my iPod Touch a lot and iTunes is my default media player they're not without their flaws but they're solid enough products.
You've summed up my experience/view well there.

I've never had much experience with Macintoshes mind. Not that I have anything against them, I've just never really come into contact with one so they're a bit of a curiosity to me.

I remember when a lad in my college class last year brought his Macintosh laptop in; I did the obligatory "Oooh" and "Ahh"s and the windows minimized and restored in a pretty manner on the desktop, but trying to run Steam on it almost caused it to catch fire.

I like saying Macintosh.
Click to reveal
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

@rek same here.
As long as i have my music i could care less whos product im using and as long as the product WORKS

Apples products arent perfect but its still solid products and work just fine.
I had more issues with Dell products and other music devices than apples devices, still has a few bugs here and there though.
Also dont mind Itunes rather enjoy it, made everything more organized and easier for me.

Do agree that alot of apples products are over priced but i could care less about their other products. Only buy music devices and a computer from them if i really need it. Nothing more, everything else is worthless junk for technology freaks or consumer idiots who spends thousands every year to make their device better untill the next device comes out.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'm ashamed of you all. Passion fruit is the ultimate. It's the ultimate fruit form.
tasmwill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tasmwill »

I'll go with Biggest Sonic Fan on ths. Passion fruit FTW

About Apple, I just have an ipod from them. It works very very well. Neve had a computer from the, but my friends do and they say they are the best!
Go ahead, make my day.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Apple products look beautiful, perform flawlessly and are totally easy to use.

Companies have been playing catch up for years now, Apple have dominated the MP3 market, they have had the very best cell phones on the market since they released the iPhone and all of their laptops/computers are practically immune to virus attacks.

People look at Apple products in 2 ways:

- Wow these rock, I love mine/wish I could have one
- Wow those rock, I hate that I don't have one so will moan :P
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:and all of their laptops/computers are practically immune to virus attacks.
I wouldn't say they're immune, it's just that virus coders don't tend to target Macintoshes users. They usually aim for businesses or people with money. If you hit a business you can hack their finance departments or steal company secrets. Business customers tend to use PCs in the office thus coders will aim to hit PCs. If offices used Macintoshes rather than PCs then Macintoshes would be the main target.