Games you feel are Over/Under rated?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Games you feel are Over/Under rated?

Post by Gonic »

Well, pretty much what the topic says. What games do you feel are over rated or under rated and why?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Mortal Kombat, underrated. Most people knock it for having "stiff" control and gameplay. Reality is, they just don't know how to play it and refuse to take the time to get good at it. They're bringing back the old style in MK9 for a reason. It's the best.

Another game I think is underrated is Tetris Attack, also known as Puzzle Challenge, also known as Panel De Pon. Only 3 versions of this game, but it's an indredibly deep/fun puzzle game, and nobody talks about this game at all. There was Planet Puzzle League for the DS and while that was decent, it didn't really play exactly like the original. Wasn't as fast paced.

Though it doesn't have many versions either, everyone knows of Puzzle Fighter. It was an arcade hit and had quite a few ports, and even a spinoff in Mortal Kombat Deception. I can honestly say, that game as long as you're decent is mostly luck based and based on how fast you are. I beat my girlfriend (more than once) on it by closing my eyes and just dropping the pieces in random spots as fast as I could. I shit you not. So, I say Puzzle Fighter is extremely overrated.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:Mortal Kombat, underrated. Most people knock it for having "stiff" control and gameplay. Reality is, they just don't know how to play it and refuse to take the time to get good at it.
I don't, I knock it because I don't like the characters or the over-reliance on gore.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Oh, C'mon?! How can you not like Scorpien? Or Sub-zero?! And the blood and gore IS what makes Mortal Kombat Unique and different from other fighters.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I feel like Okami is under rated. Gorgus game, fell in love with the artwork the story and Ammy <3
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Oh boy another thread where I can moan about Bioware?
tasmwill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tasmwill »

Gonic wrote:I feel like Okami is under rated.
Same here. It is a great game, with a nice story and a very good ending.
Go ahead, make my day.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't think Okami is underrated at all, if anything I'd say it's the opposite. Game is good n'all but goes on for way too long with boring level design and terrible combat.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Oh, C'mon?! How can you not like Scorpion? Or Sub-zero?!
Because I don't find anything interesting about them. Simple.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:And the blood and gore IS what makes Mortal Kombat Unique and different from other fighters.
Exactly, it's relying on that to appeal to 12 year olds rather than trying anything truely unique, such as an interesting fighting system or making interesting characters.
Reknoc wrote:Oh boy another thread where I can moan about Bioware?
Please do. I actually enjoy them.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Reknoc wrote:I don't think Okami is underrated at all, if anything I'd say it's the opposite. Game is good n'all but goes on for way too long with boring level design and terrible combat.
Ditto on this, Okami is hailed as a near legendary video game now. In reality it's not quite there...
Reknoc wrote:Oh boy another thread where I can moan about Bioware?
And rant about God Hand?
Biggest sonic fan wrote:Oh, C'mon?! How can you not like Scorpien? Or Sub-zero?! And the blood and gore IS what makes Mortal Kombat Unique and different from other fighters.
With you on that, I stick by the opinion that Mortal Kombat has one of the best rosters of any fighting series out there. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Cyrax, Sonya, etc etc. Shame the fighting system is bull-shit.