Sonic FTL: Sonic the Hedgehog (PS360)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Sonic FTL: Sonic the Hedgehog (PS360)

Post by Reknoc »

Developers should stop now. Right NOW! Stop making games, do it. Because the best game ever has already been made and it's name is Sonic the Hedghehog. I have never know perfection until now until this moment.

So what is it that makes Sonic the Hedgehog so amazing? Would it be silly of me to answer with everything? Maybe, but that is how I feel.

First off is the gameplay, this is finally what Sonic Adventure 2 should have been. The perfect refinement of Sonic in 3D. The perfect, responsive controls help in navigating the amazingly designed levels full of fun tricks and little gimmicks between running at blindingly fast speeds. Of course you don't always play as Sonic, all of his well developed friends will make an appearance and occasionaly you even control them. There are also two other story modes where you will control Shadow or the new and probably best addition Silver the Hedgehog. Shadow will occasionally use vehicles in his stages which all control perfectly, forget your Gran Turismos or Grand Theft Autos this is how vehicles should play. Silver is a psychic and can use his Telekinesis to move objects to solve puzzles, sorry Trine try harder next time.

Obviously it's not all about the gameplay, there's also the story! And let me tell you, I have never been so touched by a story in a video game. Nothing is as well written as this, Mother 3? Fragile? PLANESCAPE: TORMENT? HAH shove them games up your ass. This is the king.

What about a technical stand point? The game runs smoothly and looks stunning, forget Metro 2033 or Uncharted, this is what's pushing the consoles to their limits. Hell throw that PC away because no PC game will ever look as good as this. Even with the amazing graphics the game runs smoothly, not once has I ever encountered a single bug or glitch.

Sound is like my speakers are making love to my ears, it's so good Capcom went back into the past to use one of the tracks in MegaMan 2.

Honestly why do you not have this game already? 5 is almost too low a score to give to this! Sonic at its very best, Mario who?

5/5
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Only 5/5? Obviously you've not even played this or it would've been an eleventy/5.

IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER!!!
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

!*#?@!£ I wanted to review this :(

I'm calling dibs on Sonic Unleashed

also 5/5 = Hater score |:

GTFO SFT >=(
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

On fortunetaly, I haven't played the game yet, so I cannot comment if this game is good or not. But I am sure you are correct recnok.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Good for you. Don't play it. The only good thing about it is the soundtrack.

Reknoc, for once you actually made me laugh.

And if Matty gets Unleashed I call Colors!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hold it! We aren't even sure if this is a joke or not. Let me at least get something free before we start!
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I'll wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow isn't April Fool's day, so if the pink names are gone and there is a message about it being a joke on the site, then we'll know.

I'm not gonna wait until you get something free in the mail. you have no idea how long that could take.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Wow, kudos. I respect that game a lot that I even played ti the second time.

Nice way to start off the Sonic Forum Team. ^_^
I live here now!
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

To expand a bit on the story, my favorite parts were that Sonic's love interest was human, and that the story essentially never happened at all - it was just like a dream!
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Let's not forget the voice acting to. I wad almost in tears due to how amazing it was.