Sonic Generations

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:See?! You guys just want this game to suck. First of, you said that you will not be satisfied until you see some gameplay videos. They came and looked great. Still you deny to accept and now you say that you wont be satisfied until you play Demo. What's next? You wont be satisfied until you see the game itself? Seriously, your not willing to give the game a single chance and keep acting like your not satisfied. If your not satisfied, than why are you even a Sonic fan? Because I am sure that nothing that Sonic will give you today will be satisfying to you. Just go back to your home and play those old 2D games and stick with the past. Don't start new. Just stick with your past.
I'll cover this by topics because I love doing so.

1) It's not about wanting it to be bad. REMEMBER that past Sonic games looked cool and all, but were terrible in gameplay. '06 and Secret Rings were affected by that. And it's not about the looks, it about how the game's played, the formula and all. Just LOOKING at itwasn't enough. And I said the same about Sonic 4 and Colours, I wouldn't get hyped until I tried the demo at PAX.

2) No need to banter. I didn't say I hated the 3D games. Nor did I say I love them. Some are mostly mediocre (post-Adventure 2), and some are awfully terrible. (Shadow, '06, Secret Rings). Now Unleashed and Colours were a step in the right direction, but the problem was that they always made the mistakes from the Adventure era. The medal system in Unleashed (PS3/360) are completely awkward, and in Colours was some parts of the gameplay mechanic.

3) I'm a Sonic fan because I LIKE the games that are good. Already covered them up in my previous list. And I'm not satisfied just by looking. I didn't say it wasn't pretty, nor did I say it was awful. The game looks great and looks like it's going to be solid. As for mechanics, I'm not satisfied. Just look at Sonic 4 and its physics.

4 'extra one, btw') I never said Sonic wasn't satisfying. I (and I may sound like a hypocrite) bought '06 and got Unleashed as a gift because I had hope on him. It died after those two. 4 and Colours were the fix *heck, I even got 100% on 4's Trophies*, but doesn't make up for the other mistakes. If SEGA did it 2 times, it can go for a 3rd time, and it *might* be fixed and Sonic will be good again.

tl;dr, STFUAJPG. (Shut the Fling Up and Just Play Games!)

EDIT: To make it more simple:

1) I don't want it to suck, I want it to have a solid gameplay;
2) I don't love/hate the 3D games.
3) Sonic fan because most games are good;
4EX) Prior to '06 and Unleashed, I had hope.
I live here now!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

This thread just shows the two types of fan base the sonic games have -looks at trailer- oh shit...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Gonic wrote:This thread just shows the two types of fan base the sonic games have -looks at trailer- oh shit...
I know, but the second (which I presume you're thinking where I am) is kinda valid to me, as I rant like a normal someone. If it was as a fan perspective that I have, I'd say Unleashed was okay and Colours was beyond legendary.
I live here now!
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

you know what? im with biggest sonic fan onthis one, no one knows what its going to be like until we all play it and then we can all give our opinions. Its a shame that some people have already made up their minds, perhaps they should stick to genre that they enjoy?

I think Sonic 06 was hard work to play which forever killed it, shame people always use that as a stick to beat sega with, i guess its easier to point out the bad rather than celebrate the good.

I for one am looking forward to generations and all of the things that are going on for the anniversary, Sonic has brought me lots of fun over the years and now i see how much my little boy enjoys it, more than makes up for a few bad games.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Page wrote: Its a shame that some people have already made up their minds, perhaps they should stick to genre that they enjoy?
Either this doesn't mean what you think it means or you think Sonic is it's own genre.
Page wrote:I think Sonic 06 was hard work to play which forever killed it, shame people always use that as a stick to beat sega with, i guess its easier to point out the bad rather than celebrate the good.
Sonic 2006 really wasn't acceptable for a famous IP from a big developer. 2006 was the low point but it was hardly great before then. And it only slightly improved afterwards.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Fine, time to clarify this.

I used '06 as an example, but there are other 3D games that are bad, like Zero Gravity, or Free Riders, or even Shadow. I just don't wanna mention them because they're acceptable.

And Page, that's what I meant on the post prior to BSF's response.
Shadid wrote:And I set a new rule. The game might look good and everything, but I'm still not convinced until I try out a demo of it.
I didn't even make my mind up here, and I'm labelled as a hater that had it's mind set.

Anyway, this little discussion proved Gonic's point.
I live here now!
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Reknoc wrote:Either this doesn't mean what you think it means or you think Sonic is it's own genre.
I am quite sure you understood my meaning. The word 'genre' was badly chosen I grant you.
Sonic 2006 really wasn't acceptable for a famous IP from a big developer. 2006 was the low point but it was hardly great before then. And it only slightly improved afterwards.
I agree with the first part of this, but the rest is just your opinion.

Shadid: I never label people, so I dont think you are a hater.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Page wrote:you know what? im with biggest sonic fan onthis one
NEVAAA!!!! :P Heh, sorry couldn't help myself. :biggrin:

Anyway, Well perhaps you're not a hater shadid. Perhaps you're just too serious. You're like these teachers that are very hard to please and the ones that wont give you full mark even if you did a small mistake.
Or perhaps I am one of those happy chappy gamers. Perhaps I don't take things like gameplay or music too seriously and just play the game and say my opinion over all. I don't know. I just know that you guys take this whole thing too seriously or even have bad opinions of it already.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

They don't have bad opinions of it already BSF, they have low expectations. There is a difference.

They have been disappointed too many times in the past. In their minds SEGA still needs to redeem themselves.

Don't judge people BSF. Just because they have low expectations doesn't make them haters. It doesn't make them too serious either. It just makes them skeptical. That's all.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

if you say so... but I am sure you know what I am talking about.