My Town Is Gone

What it says on the tin...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

My Town Is Gone

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Just thought I'd make a quick post and let everyone know before I leave. I'm actually in a motel right now. A tornado moved through my state and it hit my town directly and literally flattened everything. My town is completely demolished. My house is one of the only buildings even still standing. Most terrifying damn thing I've ever experienced. I thought almost for sure I was going to die. When we first walked out of the house we heard people screaming help and everything. x_x Bad shit.. There were some fatalities too. But yeah, just thought I'd let everyone know. I'm going to be gone for a while until I get a roof over my head again. If you want to look into it, it hit national news. We've got the National Guard here and everything. It happened in Pleasant Grove, Alabama specifically, but you'll probably find more info if you look for Birmingham, AL or Tuscaloosa, AL. As far as I know it was rated as an EF5 tornado. My dad took pictures too, so if anyone's interested at all I'll post them later when I can.

I'm going back to Missouri with my brother when he's able to leave. Both of our cars are kinda trapped in the driveway right now. Too many trees and powerlines and whatnot blocking us. Which is weird because literally everything at our house flew a block or two down the road other than our cars.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Shitballs that's bad. Don't know what to say really but im glad your ok at least and noone in your family was hurt. When you get chance pop up some pics, i'd like to see them myself.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Damn dude i wish you luck. I have been watching this on the news, its crazy.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Thanks guys. The only one in my family I have no idea about's my grandmother. Her telephone lines are down where she lives.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Congratulations on surviving. Did the mega CD and seven string guitar make it with you?
Tic Tac, sir?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

That's terrifying news to read. Glad you're still alive. I'm currently watching one of the videos on a local news website, and am just :O

Keep us posted when you can and wish you all the best in getting yourself sorted.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

Ouch! Hope your grandmother is safe!
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

Best of luck and wishes to you and everyone else who was affected by the tornadoes.

Anybody looking for video:
GMA report with some tornado footage
Raw footage of the tornado in Tuscaloosa, AL

EDIT: YouTube channel citizentube has some more video. I believe it's gotten front page status on YouTube.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

More than 150 Tornadoes and its just going to get worse. They expect more than 300 by the end of April. :/ Last time it was this bad was back in the 70's
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Damn, man. I saw news about those tornadoes, and it's pretty terrible all around.
Just keep your head up man and I hope you and your family and friends are all right.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010