Doctor Who

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

I can picture it now. All those teenage girls complaining about a non-attractive doctor. Well to be honest, I've stopped watching Doctor Who ever since the dinosaurs on a spaceship episode since I felt the actual script writing for the newer season was really bad. But I'll give the new season a new chance, but if I don't care for it after two to three episodes, I won't bother continuing.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

The problem with the franchise at the moment is that it's trying too hard to appeal. I think it's best illustrated by looking at the DVD covers. Line them all up from the Ecclestone series right up to the latest Matt Smith series and you'll see what I mean.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Never brought the DVD's, even when I was a fan, so I would not know. Can't get a picture from the internet for it either. "The problem with the franchise at the moment is that it's trying too hard to appeal." You may have a point there, I could go a bit further in depth of why I don't like the new series, but I guess in the end it boils down to personal opinion.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I always thought aiming the series more at kids was the problem.
Chakan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Chakan »

I'm right there with you guys. I can't wait for the meme-happy kids and trendy preteens to disappear!

I didn't get into Who as a child because I had no idea what it was about. I would flip past showings on PBS and not give it a chance. If I had only known! This was back when there wasn't enough cool stuff to watch or games to play to fill all that free time!

Later, I got into the 2005 relaunch of the series around season 2 and have kept with it since. My attention wavered a lot with the Ponds, but I'm enjoying it more again now that they're finally gone.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

karen gillan was the best thing to happen to doctor who.
Dr Shaneman wrote:I always thought aiming the series more at kids was the problem.
it's a childrens show.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Promotional image for November's 50th anniversary episode:

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Looks good. Excited to see what they're doing with it. Especially with John Hurt being in it.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

It'll be 75 minutes long.
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

Man I still need to catch up on my Doctor Who. I had a long period where I didn't watch any Doctor Who after the second series of the 2005 revival but I've re-watched the first series (and still my favourite doctor) but I'm gonna watch series 2 and other series throughout this month before the new episode :)
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft