Guardian Heroes Remake for XBLA.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Guardian Heroes Remake for XBLA.

Post by Tru »

Remastered in HD with new game modes, online co-op and battle modes for TWELVE players.

No, you didn't just wake up from the best dream of you life. THIS IS REAL!!

Sega press release:
SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced the upcoming re-release of Guardian Heroes™, a classic Action-RPG Brawler by celebrated developers Treasure. Originally released for the SEGA Saturn™ in 1996, Guardian Heroes has been re-mastered with enhanced graphics, online co-op and battle modes, all-new modes of play, and more. The game will be available via Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this fall.

“Ever since we began to make SEGA’s classic Dreamcast and the Mega Drive titles available for modern systems, the fan response has been overwhelming – and the demand for their favorite games has been pouring in,” said Haruki Satomi, VP of Digital Business at SEGA. “Players have been clamoring for this treasured favorite from the Saturn days, and we cannot wait to show them what we have got for them.”

Guardian Heroes brings the Saturn favorite to life with new HD graphics, presenting Treasure’s iconic fast-paced gameplay on a new generation of hardware, with all of the convenience of purchase via instant download. The game also features:

Action-RPG Brawling: Choose one of five heroes to level up and guide along a branching storyline with five different endings
Friends, Foes, and Fighters: Play the game’s Story Mode alone or with a second player, or challenge Versus Mode with up to 12 players at once
Extended Gameplay: Time Attack Mode, Arcade Mode, Arrange Mode and more allow players to explore every nuance of 45 different fighters
Fully Re-Mastered: All-new graphics and visual effects bring the classic to life in a completely high-definition, widescreen presentation
Thanks to SegaBits and Sega Addicts for the news.

I am a MASSIVE fan of Guardian Heroes, it was one of my favourite games on the Saturn and of all-time, a XBLA remake is something I always dreamed of because it would suit the service so well. I am so very excited and happy by this!

I know some of you are also Guardian Heroes fans :wub:

We totally need to get co-op and battle games going when this comes out. All of us! I used to love playing matches with six of the undead warriors, casting their awesome 'blow everything up' move at the same time... Twelve of us doing that will be immense XD
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I only forked out for this last year aswell on the Saturn. Great great game. I love the thought of playing it with friends over live. I really can't wait for this. I've still not played through all the different routes and seen all the endings yet.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I have never heard of Guardian Heroes.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Kaito-kun wrote:I have never heard of Guardian Heroes.
Really? It's pretty much the most bummed @rare@ title on the Saturn after Radiant Silvergun.

I always thought it was a poor man's Die Hard Arcade myself.

Nah, I'm only joking it's alright.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

No mention of who is doing the porting? Erm sorry enhancing. Hope it's not Backbone.

Jet Set Radio/Future now please SEGA.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Why is is a Sega press release anyway, do Sega own the rights to this game or something then?
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Killer French Bread wrote:Why is is a Sega press release anyway, do Sega own the rights to this game or something then?

Hmm good point. It's a Treasure game and I wouldn't of thought they'd need a publisher for somethings going on live. Unless Sega are helping with the porting side of it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

If SEGA published the original they're probably the ones that own the rights to the IP.

Treasure probably won't have any part of the this.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

I think they published the Saturn game but didn't have anything to do with the GBA sequel thing.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I kept meaning to play this more but im pretty bogged down in current titles at the mo. I was going to do a review but it might be more timely if we coincide it with this release now.