Soul Calibur V

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Soul Calibur V

Post by Shockerbey »

Well this was a surprise, soul calibur 4 was released in 08 with the main reason of promoting force unleashed with the inclusion of yoda, vader and the apprentice. Over all the game was decent with great visuals but was considered full circle. So im gonna call this now, does anyone have any idea what this is promoting this time and what characters do u want to see in it? personally id like to see all guest characters return. Something about link vs Vader seems cool
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I want to see Hwang and Li Long come back. And by Hwang, I mean the way he fought in the first game. As for guest characters, I'm kind of indifferent on them. I never really even used the guest characters in either 2 or 4.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I loved the Soul series but have to admit I never played the fourth one. Was it any good?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

The series went downhill after 2. So I'm not really looking forward to 5...doesn't help soul caliber is all button mashy to ;(
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Played the living hell out of Soul Calibur IV, it was great fun (although the Star Wars characters were just gay).

Can't wait for V, a refined combat system would be appreciated as SCIV did often come down to spam/button mashing matches.

It still has one of the best rosters from any fighting game series though and the settings are always awesome. So it's a joy to play even if it isn't as technically accomplished as, say, SSFIV
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Gonic wrote:The series went downhill after 2. So I'm not really looking forward to 5...doesn't help soul caliber is all button mashy to ;(
Really? I thought 2 was the worst one while 3 was awesome.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

They all seem exactly the same to me, I don't understand why some poeple think one is good and another is crap.
Tic Tac, sir?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I mainly didn't like 2 for its roster and bland looking levels. I think 3 just improved upon everything that the first two games had. I love the custom characters on it, Hwang is sort of in it, Siegfried is a separate character from Nightmare again (I prefer his moves). Just a combination of little things really. Not sure what all the hate for 4 is though. I thought 4 was pretty fun.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:Really? I thought 2 was the worst one while 3 was awesome.
Did I say 2? whoops. Lemme correct myself, 2 was bad, 3 was freaking awesome and 4 was meh...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I don't think really any of them are bad. 2's just not as good as the others. XD