Shinobi (3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
is2b007
Level 1
Level 1

Shinobi (3DS)

Post by is2b007 »

Just wanted to let you all know, for those who didnt know Shinobi is returning on 3DS!!!!

"LONDON AND SAN FRANCISCO – (May 26th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced Shinobi™ exclusively for Nintendo 3DS™. Developed by Griptonite Games, Shinobi is the long anticipated return of the fan favourite series and includes the classic side-scrolling action gameplay players have loved since the original. Coming to stores in September 2011, Shinobi introduces several exciting new features such as StreetPass™ and a large assortment of achievements and challenges to unlock."

“For years the fans have been asking for a new Shinobi,” said Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing of SEGA West. “With Shinobi on Nintendo 3DS we’re able to answer their prayers and bring this legendary series to the next level.”
Shinobi tells the story of Jiro Musashi, the leader of the Oboro clan and father of Joe Musashi, the hero of the first iterations of Shinobi. Players will become a true ninja legend by mastering a brand new combo system switching between melee, ranged and acrobatic attacks. They will also need to rely on Jiro’s ninja magic to get an advantage over their enemies and get out of tight spots.
Shinobi will be released for Nintendo 3DS in September 2011.

Although The graphics don't look all that good ;) Hopefully the gameplay is better, it appears to have a side-scrolling 3d look, but by the looks of it there is some 3d graphics gameplay.

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONs8UvZswgI
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Trailer was awful. Destructoid has some screens but I'm on my iPod so I can't link.

edit: http://www.destructoid.com/preview-shin ... 2005.phtml
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Might play ok but I really don't like the art style (or lack of any) that they've used. Im happy they haven't forgotten about Shinobi at least.
is2b007
Level 1
Level 1

Post by is2b007 »

In my opinion they should just release it on the virtual 3ds store when it comes out as an original Sega game, not remake it and ruin the shinobi legacy
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I wished they would have made a Streets of Rage like that.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They should have got WayForward to make it.
is2b007 wrote:In my opinion they should just release it on the virtual 3ds store when it comes out as an original Sega game, not remake it and ruin the shinobi legacy
They're not remaking anything, it's a brand new game.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Reknoc wrote:They should have got WayForward to make it.
I've only played Contra 4 by them, but what could they have possibly done between then and now to have redeemed themselves for that shambles?
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Killer French Bread wrote:I've only played Contra 4 by them, but what could they have possibly done between then and now to have redeemed themselves for that shambles?
Uhm, nothing because Contra 4 was good.

Regardless the game wouldn't look like shit.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Really? I thought Contra 4 looked like a game some people had made on the internet. Like that Streets of Rage thing Sega banned recently. I suppose it was better than some other classic series farmed out to unimaginative shovelware companies at that time, like 1942 Joint Strike, but still pretty embarrasing overall. Made Sonic 4 look like a work of art in hindsight.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Weren't a fan of Contra 4 myself to be honest. Though in hindsight that was probably more to do with the fact I couldn't get anywhere in it. Anyway the gameplay in this trailer looks Shinobiey to m but it just looks like an original ds game to me.