The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

huntergemini wrote:I don't play games to be 'hardcore' or anything, I play for fun. Which is something a lot of people don't do these days (achievement/trophy whores and whatnot.) On top of all that, I generally suck at games. And you know what? I couldn't care less.

I applaud you then. Games are meant to be played for fun, more people need to remember that in this day and age.

I just like that image; it amuses me.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

You should, uh, probably check your options. There's no way the game wont autosave between 5 hours of game play.

I don't blame you for turning down the difficulty though, game is severely unbalanced.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I actually have no problem with achievements/trophies, I just find it stupid that people will play games just to collect them, without actually enjoying the game in question.

Sure, they add replay value, but that's about it.

Also, back on topic. I really need to finish the College of Winterhold soon and start doing the main quest. I haven't been playing it much lately, mostly because I've been playing other games. That and I don't really want to play it in SD. My stupid HDMI cable shit itself again and I'm stuck with SD until I get a new one. That and I can't seem to be able to read anything/see anything properly. I think I need glasses.

Oh and Reknoc, maybe I should just stop being an idiot and save regulary.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I'm part way through so many quest lines because I can't decide on whether I should do the main quest for more words or do the Champions guild to get the "reward" for that or keep on with the Dark Brotherhood to get even better stealth gear :I

Doesn't help much better games keep coming out (Zelda, Mario Kart and Gundam whenever that arrives)
huntergemini wrote: Oh and Reknoc, maybe I should just stop being an idiot and save regulary.
This is good advice for any Bethesda game.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I still haven't done the main quest, College, Thieves Guild OR the Dark Brotherhood. I keep doing misc. quests and just generally exploring. After I do the College, I'm deleting my Dunmer chick. I'd rather make my Orc in heavy armour, who wields a freakin' axe. Much better than a Dunmer who can't decide whether to use bows, Destruction magic or daggers.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Is anyone still playing this?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I want to start playing Skyrim again. But the PS3 version is just to broken :(
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

It seems to work a lot better with the patch. It doesn't freeze much now and the load times are a lot shorter. I paid $199 for the game, so I can't just give up on it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

$199? Why on earth did you do that? D:
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I paid the most off the pre-order before anyone else did, so I got upgraded to the collector's edition.

The only good part of it is the concept art book.