Multiple game companies hacked.

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun wrote:They believe that they're righting for rights; it doesn't necessarily mean that they are.
This.

And I have to agree - I do see some parallels between Anon and V, but I don't think they go any further than using the Fawkes mask, to be honest. V for Vendetta is more of an inspiration than an actual foundation.
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

More on Anon and Lulzec: Here

And Lulzec has an enemy: Here
And you now have people to root for. yay.

Why couldn't this whole incident die quietly? Now it'll get out of hand, sides will be taken. lives will be destroyed, regulations could be set, no more nice internet...

WHY??!!!
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

MTails wrote:nice internet
Don't think I've ever heard of that.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Gavvie wrote:This.

And I have to agree - I do see some parallels between Anon and V, but I don't think they go any further than using the Fawkes mask, to be honest. V for Vendetta is more of an inspiration than an actual foundation.
That's because to be like V you'd have to be really fucking boring and talk about what you might eventually get around to for 30000 hours. Also, you need a hundred unbearable english accents.

I burst out laughing at that 'Fighting for humanity' comment earlier. The hell? They're fighting for an operating system on a video game console, not solving world hunger or overthrowing Libya. Keep your pants on.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Rayne wrote:I burst out laughing at that 'Fighting for humanity' comment earlier. The hell? They're fighting for an operating system on a video game console, not solving world hunger or overthrowing Libya. Keep your pants on.
I burst out laughing at that

Who blacked out the Egyptian government?
Who's against scientology & actually does something about it?

Anon we're defending rights a long time before OtherOS was removed
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

And what the fuck is wrong with Scientology?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Rayne wrote:And what the fuck is wrong with Scientology?

They believe were all immortal supreme being aliens called Thetans. Saying that though it's not much more mental than a carpenter that had the power of healing and could make bread and fish share out well more than they should.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Fighting aganst a religion? It's in the US constitution to have freedom of religion. So what they're doing really is enforcing a form of oppresion on others who don't share their beliefs. Not really that different from the Egyptian government then, who we hear they are so virtuously crusading against.

Sound like a bunch of nobodies that desperately need to feel important after reading those articles.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

What rights are they defending by leaking personal infomation and other peoples bank details?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

richarddavies wrote:They believe were all immortal supreme being aliens called Thetans. Saying that though it's not much more mental than a carpenter that had the power of healing and could make bread and fish share out well more than they should.
I know what they believe in, I'm just pointing out that their views are no more ridiculous than other mainstream religions and that launching an attack on people because of their views doesn't fit in with the godlike rep Matty seems to think they deserve