SEGA Announce Project Diva Extend

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I really don't.

Still, if it's popular, all credit to SEGA for actually managing to create a franchise on a format that's never really done all that well. Which I'm rather grateful for, otherwise we'd be looking at the possibility of them porting the game to the West..eep.

Yeah, not my cup of tea, but ah well.
Kellydreamcast
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kellydreamcast »

Gavvie wrote:I really don't.

Still, if it's popular, all credit to SEGA for actually managing to create a franchise on a format that's never really done all that well. Which I'm rather grateful for, otherwise we'd be looking at the possibility of them porting the game to the West..eep.

Yeah, not my cup of tea, but ah well.
'a format that's not really done well'? I hope you aren't referring to the actual vocaloid software because if you are you're way off. There are many different vocaloid softwares made and sold by multiple companies. Miku is just one of the many vocaloids available for purchase. Miku alone has sold over 600,000 copies at £140 a piece. In japan only. Crypton is making an English version of Miku and is going to sell it in the US. They've already done a sell-out gig in america.

Plus there have been over 20,000 songs made and uploaded to the internet using just miku.

So, Gavvie. Seeing as you once quoted on twitter that I am 'always wrong', lets see whos the wrong one here shall we?

Oh, one last thing. My source, which is correct: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 91713.html
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Kellydreamcast wrote:'a format that's not really done well'? I hope you aren't referring to the actual vocaloid software because if you are you're way off.
He's referring to the PSP, which, I'd agree with if we are just talking about the west but it's done well in Japan.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Credit for SEGA for being able to do what Capcom did but with the crutch of a licensed franchise.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, I was on about the PSP not doing too well outside of Japan, not the actual vocaloid software.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Credit for SEGA for being able to do what Capcom did but with the crutch of a licensed franchise.
At least SEGA has the decency to offer it as DLC as well as a boxed product.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:At least SEGA has the decency to offer it as DLC as well as a boxed product.
Pretty sure Project Diva has made even less of an appearance in the west than Monster Hunter.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Don't think there's ever been a PD game over here, and only the odd occasional appearance as a franchise. Other than that, it's largely unheard of.

Certainly a niche.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Pretty sure Project Diva has made even less of an appearance in the west than Monster Hunter.
Ah, my apologies, I thought you meant releasing a minor update to an already well established game/franchise as a full retail title.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Apparently UMVC3 was planned as DLC before the Japan quake/tsunami hit, and then it grew larger than the original plan.

Not sure how much truth there is in that, but figured I'd note it down seeing as the conversation's swinging that way. Time to swing it back ^_^