Movie chat

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I liked Maguire and I like the look of this guy too. I'm just in the camp of people that wonder why there completely rebooting Spiderman including what looks like a lengthly origin story only 5yrs after the last one came out. I'm all up for a new film just not sure if I can stomach it going over old ground again so soon.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Watched Platoon last night. It's amazing. When Elias gets killed it's like when bambi's mum get's shot but for adults.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Cracking film Platoon, you reminded me I had a mate round saturday for some shandy's and we ended up watching Tropic Thunder. Just as serious and heartfelt as platoon methinks.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Still need to see that. Next film I'm watching is Inglorious, then I'll probably give Tropic Thunder a shout.

I'm in a war film mood. Watched loads of gangster films over Christmas now I've moved on to this category.
Tic Tac, sir?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

[youtube]34x6m-ahGIo[/youtube]
Im going to watch this just to laugh.

Heard good things about the book.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

richarddavies wrote:Cracking film Platoon, you reminded me I had a mate round saturday for some shandy's and we ended up watching Tropic Thunder. Just as serious and heartfelt as platoon methinks.
pure epic for the downey jr quotes, love them
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

If this was real, it would be epic.

[youtube]6dIOw2sffHI[/youtube]
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

I've seen something amazing - Bad Lieutenant with Nic Cage in. One of the craziest films I've ever seen, so many insane scenes and one liners and I don't even know what happened in the end. One of the best films I watched in years. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

[youtube]7TWyj3gGPWU[/youtube][/QUOTE]
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

richarddavies wrote:I liked Maguire and I like the look of this guy too. I'm just in the camp of people that wonder why there completely rebooting Spiderman including what looks like a lengthly origin story only 5yrs after the last one came out. I'm all up for a new film just not sure if I can stomach it going over old ground again so soon.
From the looks of things, Amazing Spider-Man seems to be using the Ultimate Spider-Man origin, so it'll be the same, yet different.

But yeah, I could do without a lengthy origin story as well. It's a different film series, sure, but...Spider-Man was only 10/11 years ago, so it's still fresh enough in the mind.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

richarddavies wrote:Cracking film Platoon, you reminded me I had a mate round saturday for some shandy's and we ended up watching Tropic Thunder. Just as serious and heartfelt as platoon methinks.
dude uve gotta watch tropic thunder with the commentary on, its almost funnier than the film in some places specially since downey does the commentary in the character that is on camera at the time and the Vietnamese commentary was fantastic