Radio Titles maybe?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Canvas
Level 1
Level 1

Radio Titles maybe?

Post by Canvas »

Hey guys, i have only just found you as i think this radio station is sweet, some bad tunes but some good tunes, but hey thats my opinion :D, so anyways this sweet song came up, and i think it was the first stage on sonic advance 2 on the GBA remix, but on the windows media player it doesnt have the title or any information at all :( , i know thee is recently played but that doesnt say what song was just on, is there anyway on how to find out what song just played and the title? or could you some how improve the media player information?

Thank you

Canvas
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Canvas wrote:Hey guys, i have only just found you as i think this radio station is sweet, some bad tunes but some good tunes, but hey thats my opinion :D, so anyways this sweet song came up, and i think it was the first stage on sonic advance 2 on the GBA remix, but on the windows media player it doesnt have the title or any information at all :( , i know thee is recently played but that doesnt say what song was just on, is there anyway on how to find out what song just played and the title? or could you some how improve the media player information?

Thank you

Canvas
Do you know roughly what time the track played? I have a list of tracks played in the last 12 hours so I can try and pin-point it for you if you'd like.

The information in the bar at the top of the site is currently not working, due to some technical issues behind the scenes, but hopefully that will all be fixed in the next few weeks.

The information on the track being played should be in the metadata on the stream, and I'm not sure why you can't see it in Windows Media Player. However, if you were to use another player, such as Winamp, VLC or iTunes (to name but three) you will definitely see the name of the track playing.

Also, another way to look at the tracks previously played is to go to http://83.170.109.107:8000/played.html where you can see the last ten tracks played at any time.

Hopefully that helps!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Windows Media Player can't get titles because it's useless, basically.

You could use the Listen tab here on site but you'd have to wait until it gets fixed and that doesn't look like it'll be happening any time soon.

tl;dr version of above post.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Dr Shaneman wrote:You could use the Listen tab here on site but you'd have to wait until it gets fixed and that doesn't look like it'll be happening any time soon.
Hence why I recommend going to http://83.170.109.107:8000/played.html as that comes from the server, so will always be correct.
Canvas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Canvas »

i only used windows media crapplayer :D because its like a standard, sry :(
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

ResidentSD wrote:Hence why I recommend going to http://83.170.109.107:8000/played.html as that comes from the server, so will always be correct.
I forgot about that >.<