Radio Down?

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Canvas
Level 1
Level 1

Radio Down?

Post by Canvas »

Any news on why the radio station is down at all? been trying to listen to it yesterday and nothing and still nothing today :(

Canvas
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Been down for a few months now, no idea when it'll be up again.
Canvas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Canvas »

i got some music out of it saturday for some time but :( hope its back up soon
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Canvas wrote:i got some music out of it saturday for some time but :( hope its back up soon
For reasons unknown, our hosting providers service was down for most of Sunday and today, however the server is back online and the radio station is being streamed from my PC to the server right now!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

ResidentSD wrote:For reasons unknown, our hosting providers service was down for most of Sunday and today, however the server is back online and the radio station is being streamed from my PC to the server right now!
How come on the site it always it's down then?
I've assumed it's been down for months now because of that.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Dr Shaneman wrote:How come on the site it always it's down then?
I've assumed it's been down for months now because of that.
It's been the case over the last couple of weeks because the main RadioSEGA content server has been down, hence why I've been (and still am) hosting it.

If it's been like that for longer then I don't know I'm afraid. What with the development of Project 7, unfortunately this website has fallen into a bit of a state of disrepair, which is a shame. However, foreversonic is working on a new content server right now and hopefully, all being well, the existing website will be reconfigured to give the metadata for the new content server and hopefully get requests working, which will keep things going till the new website is complete.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

ResidentSD wrote:It's been the case over the last couple of weeks because the main RadioSEGA content server has been down, hence why I've been (and still am) hosting it.

If it's been like that for longer then I don't know I'm afraid. What with the development of Project 7, unfortunately this website has fallen into a bit of a state of disrepair, which is a shame. However, foreversonic is working on a new content server right now and hopefully, all being well, the existing website will be reconfigured to give the metadata for the new content server and hopefully get requests working, which will keep things going till the new website is complete.
I love how I'm a staff member and still never get informed about prgoress around here.
I'm starting to wonder why Gavvie actually asked me to come back.
No idea as to what this Project 7 is (still).
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Dr Shaneman wrote:No idea as to what this Project 7 is (still).
Well Project 7 is...
Click to reveal
The server build is up and working (although offline at time of writing :P , it doesn't need to run away with the electric until it's ready). Just working on getting the FTP server bit in place. Then it will be down to Mark/Playlist Managers to upload everything they can. Details of how to do this will be available in the staff area in due course.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

foreversonic wrote:Well Project 7 is...
Click to reveal
Good thing I've now stopped caring about it then.