UK Riots

What it says on the tin...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

UK Riots

Post by Kaito-kun »

Well, a lot of you will probably have heard about the riots that have broken out in many urban areas.

People are stupid, aren't they? Attacking their neighbours and their own property.
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

It is its really pissing me off. I was shopping in croydon only yesterday and i was walking past that furniture shop, that place has been there for years and now its been burnt to the ground by these stupid wankers. And I just heard that the Debenhams in Clapham Junction has been hit and i did my work experience there when i was in high school.

This country has gone to hell :(
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Can anyone explain to me exactly what's started this or why it's happening? I've missed the news recently.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

metalgamer wrote:Can anyone explain to me exactly what's started this or why it's happening? I've missed the news recently.
There was a peaceful protest outside of a police station in Tottenham on Saturday. Some people took advantage of that and decided to cause trouble which them became a riot. Now there are copycat riots spreading through urban areas across the country.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Last Thursday, Some half caste chap (early 20's?) Was shot on sight as he was believed to be in possession of a gun, the polices policy of "Shoot to disarm" Didnt go into effect like it never always does.

The family of the person killed have asked the police why they killed him, no response, the media asked the police... no response, it started off as a peaceful protest but then a riot broke out

Should add its broken out up Birmingham, hell a few kids i know have gone up their to get some stuff to sell on, i know what i'll be seeing Sunday on the market....
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

So exactly what was this protests that went into a riot all about...?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:So exactly what was this protests that went into a riot all about...?
I think it's because the police shot someone who was carrying a gun.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Matty wrote:
Should add its broken out up Birmingham, Looking at the news its mostly Asians & Blacks doing the robbing up Birmingham (as thats who predominately live there) hell a few kids i know have gone up their to get some stuff to sell on, i know what i'll be seeing Sunday on the market....
Ain't it, on the news it all looks like black street gang type people with the odd white boy thrown in. Hope it doesn't spread to Leicester - big ethnic population here too. I don't live anywhere near the city but it would still be crap if.... actually I can't think of any shops I'd miss if they burnt down.
Tic Tac, sir?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Personally, I'm just glad I live way down in the south west.
I can't believe people are resorting to this.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I reckon the chance of rioting in a given area is directly proportionate to the amount of 'snap back' caps worn by its population.
Tic Tac, sir?