Avengers 2012

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Nono, Marvel Studios is the new film division they have, and they're co-producing The Amazing Spider-Man with Columbia Pictures, so if that rumour's true, I don't see what the harm would be. Marvel do own the rights to their characters, after all.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Gavvie wrote:Nono, Marvel Studios is the new film division they have, and they're co-producing The Amazing Spider-Man with Columbia Pictures, so if that rumour's true, I don't see what the harm would be. Marvel do own the rights to their characters, after all.
Marvel Yes, Paramount/Disney dont thats the problem, that sony would have to get something for giving spiderman to them. Can see where ur coming from and personally, hope ur right
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Well...seeing as Disney own Marvel now, I'd like to think that they do own the rights by extension XD
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Whedon said no to the spiderman cameo
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Thing is, licensing is a REALLY complicated matter.

Marvel owning the character means little, since they sold the movie license.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, but if I remember rightly Marvel Studios are starting to renegotiate so that they're co-developing, so I'm not too sure that Columbia hold 100% of the movie rights to Spider-Man now.

Course, I could be wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Saw an early screening of the flick. I thought this movie was going to be shit, everything in all the trailers seemed like a Micheal Bay movie. Well it was way better than what I expected it to be. It's now my favorite out of the previous marvel movies leading up to this.
Great news! The hulk actually doesn't suck in this movie! Hes finally good in a good movie.
But yeah don't expect anything mind blowing likeThe Dark Knight, just a fun action comic book movie.

The press was there taking video, they wanted everyone to scream out "avengers assemble!" Couldn't help myself, screamed out "Justice League Unite!" Also people dressed up in costume get reserved seating, me and my bf was considering dressing up at batman and robin showing up expecting to see the Justice League movie.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

RWDebara wrote:Saw an early screening of the flick. I thought this movie was going to be shit, everything in all the trailers seemed like a Micheal Bay movie. Well it was way better than what I expected it to be. It's now my favorite out of the previous marvel movies leading up to this.
Great news! The hulk actually doesn't suck in this movie! Hes finally good in a good movie.
But yeah don't expect anything mind blowing likeThe Dark Knight, just a fun action comic book movie.

The press was there taking video, they wanted everyone to scream out "avengers assemble!" Couldn't help myself, screamed out "Justice League Unite!" Also people dressed up in costume get reserved seating, me and my bf was considering dressing up at batman and robin showing up expecting to see the Justice League movie.
So ull have missed a bit then with this super secret scene getting filmed on thursday there
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I saw it today. Very good fun.

If you're even slightly tempted by seeing it then do so.
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

I am interested of going to see it.