RIP Steve Jobs

What it says on the tin...
SegaMark
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SegaMark »

Gavvie wrote:Apple are going to slump now. They won't drop out the game completely, but most of their immense popularity came from Steve Jobs.
He was a figurehead, but he has the best team assembled:

Jonny Ive - designer, an absolute genius who brought us the designs from the first iMac right up to the latest iDevices.

Scott Forstall - SVP of iOS, he came from NeXT with Steve, Tim Cook new CEO, been at Apple since 1998 and has over the past few years been a huge reason why Apple has done so well

Bob Mansfield - SVP of Hardware, the guy who has worked so hard to improve the quality of hardware and breakthrough innovations with battery and hardware engineering.

Amongst others, anyway Steve Jobs has left Apple a huge pipeline of ideas and products, and he would of worked in some capacity until the day he passed away.

Gavvie wrote:I mean, look at the iPhone 4S announcement. Nobody was shouting from the rooftops like they have done with previous iOS product launches.
The keynote was low key indeed, but they had to present the 4S whilst knowing Steve Jobs was on his deathbed.

Anyway, it's going to fly off the shelves, over 1 million pre-orders the other day in the USA, smashing the iPhone 4's 600,000 record.
Gavvie wrote:Much as I hate Apple, and how they blatently take ideas from other companies and package them as their own (and get mass acclaim for it)
They have taken previous badly implement ideas and make them absolutely brilliant. Anyway, they invented a hell of a lot of stuff, and most importantly the first truly personal computer.

Seems they lead, others follow... *cough*Samsung*cough*
Gavvie wrote:I would have whacked a new case on it and called it the iPhone 5, myself.
That would be stupid, the iPhone 4 was an amazing piece of industrial design, all those other cheap plastic smartphones don't hold a candle to the way it looks and feels.

Anyway, it's a cycle 3G -> 3GS, 4 -> 4GS, expect the 5 next year.

Rare post from me to re-address the balance. Ciao!
GAME OVER, YEAH!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'm actually happy the iPhone 4S was released. I still want to get that Sonic iPhone 4 case but I don't have an iPhone so it would be a waste of money. In 5 months I'll get a job and maybe I can get myself an iPhone 4 or 4S.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Or just get yourself an iPod touch
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Na, the Sonic Cover was for the iPhone 4. So I want an iPhone 4. Besides, my phone is pretty shitty, so a new iPhone wouldn't hurt.
dab_dob
Level 6
Level 6

Post by dab_dob »

Thanks for this