(Finally) The SEGA Events/News Thread!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

mtwinny wrote:Yeah I did but I can't post multiple threads one after another so that thread can't be updated unless someone post or reply something after my last post......

Buuuut maybe this thread can be about Sonic in the world of popular culture, perhaps?
Noone (at least not from the moderation) is going to object to a double post that's updating a thread of yours. Quite the contrary, I think the rules even specifically state that a double post of a person updating a thread with valuable new content is OK. =)

I merged it with the mentioned thread.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The biggest problem here is trying to start a discussion on something without the link to it, regardless of whether it's in another thread or not.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Option wrote:Noone (at least not from the moderation) is going to object to a double post that's updating a thread of yours. Quite the contrary, I think the rules even specifically state that a double post of a person updating a thread with valuable new content is OK. =)
Oh, so I can update this thread with new SEGA news? Even if I double-post?
Thank you for the clairification! :) I thought I might get banned for doing so...heheheh....
Reknoc wrote:The biggest problem here is trying to start a discussion on something without the link to it, regardless of whether it's in another thread or not.
So that Progressive ad should come with a video, huh?

EDIT: In that case, I'll shall resume scouting for the latest SEGA News and Rumors! When I have time *flys away*
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:So that Progressive ad should come with a video, huh?
If you want people to actually talk about it then yes, of course. There's no guarantee everyone has seen it, in fact it's highly unlikely since a majority of users aren't in the US.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:If you want people to actually talk about it then yes, of course. There's no guarantee everyone has seen it, in fact it's highly unlikely since a majority of users aren't in the US.

For shame, brother....for shame.. XD

Like what along the lines of what Reknoc said, you should know most of them here on these boards aren't from the the U.S. In that case, most of these same people wouldn't care/give a damn.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Progressive just uploaded a high quality version of their recent ad featuring the Blue Blur on their YouTube account.

[youtube]RfUsKWyRRm0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfUsKWyRRm0
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

But I try my best to get the info for everyone, since this is SEGA as a whole we're talking about. So I was thinking, regardless of whether or not the majority on here aren't from this country or that country, there's a thread to discuss and report on the SEGA news that's happening.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't really get who this is supposed to appeal to. If you're old enough to need Car Insurance you're old enough to not find Sonic an endearing character.

Though the bit where he ran past the Progressive logo like the SEGA splash screen was kinda neat.
mtwinny wrote:But I try my best to get the info for everyone, since this is SEGA as a whole we're talking about. So I was thinking, regardless of whether or not the majority on here aren't from this country or that country, there's a thread to discuss and report on the SEGA news that's happening.
It's not really reporting on something if you don't source it though. Not that the lack of video was your fault but it'd basically be like saying "SEGA have said that they're thinking about a Dreamcast 2" without linking to where they actually said that.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:I don't really get who this is supposed to appeal to. If you're old enough to need Car Insurance you're old enough to not find Sonic an endearing character.

Though the bit where he ran past the Progressive logo like the SEGA splash screen was kinda neat.

It's not really reporting on something if you don't source it though. Not that the lack of video was your fault but it'd basically be like saying "SEGA have said that they're thinking about a Dreamcast 2" without linking to where they actually said that.

...DREAMCAST 2? Where? herpaderp... :wacko:

Obviously kidding, but yeah...no sense of "reporting" if ya don't have the source to back it up...

Onto the commercial...to me it looked like a slightly different 3D model there...buh again it's just me. Sonic looked like a kid in a candy store...but why this kind of commercal? So SEGA is now a sponser of Progressive.