(Finally) The SEGA Events/News Thread!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I know there's a topic already on it but, I'd figured it's best to mention that here.

So anyone knew of the teaser SEGA posted on its Facebook (which spurred into a talk of it actually being there or not, which it's still is) from yesterday? Just now it's been revealed: http://blogs.sega.com/2016/01/21/announ ... -americas/

Yes the URL says the Americas; surely European countries won't be shafted, right?

But the REACTIONS tho.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Twinny wrote: But the REACTIONS tho.
Sega couldnt win either way with this announcement. They had to build hype so people would talk about it, but by building any sort of hype people want a new Sonic game. What I will say is that people being salty over this announcement has worked in terms of pure advertising. Scrolling through twitter last night that game got mentioned a lot. The worst case scenario would of been SEGA announcing the game and it just disappearing into the internet ether.

But hey, Powerdrift and Galaxy Force II on 3DS? Yay.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

People are all upset thinking this is Sega's only announcement for games this year. They are still going to announce a Sonic game this year is my guess. People who are not true fans are the angriest. This is a great collection to have released retail. Hopefully it will make it over to UK too.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

It's was a matter of using poor choice of words of SEGA's part, getting overhyped and building way too much of an expectation from the fans' side. Especially those who are in the Sonic camp. Yeah it's not as big of an announcement as it could have been, but this was a thing fans of the 3D Classics have been asking for, and in a way we got it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

All they said was that people who like classic games should be excited and so they announced a classic game collection. Not really seeing what was worth getting upset about since it obviously wasn't going to be a brand new game and nothing they've released would really fit outside of the 3DS game. Well maybe the Valkyria Chronicles PS4 port but p.sure that's not even out in Japan yet.

Not really interested in any of the games in the collection though and lol another Sonic 1 release.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

It looks like they might announce Valkyria on Monday for the West.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Midwinter wrote:It looks like they might announce Valkyria on Monday for the West.
That was teased on that SEGA Central show on YouTube plus over on SEGA's social media channels posted a jumbled puzzle of an image related to the series.

Thank goodness people aren't blowing their lids over that now... :p
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Twinny wrote:I know there's a topic already on it but, I'd figured it's best to mention that here.

So anyone knew of the teaser SEGA posted on its Facebook (which spurred into a talk of it actually being there or not, which it's still is) from yesterday? Just now it's been revealed: http://blogs.sega.com/2016/01/21/announ ... -americas/

Yes the URL says the Americas; surely European countries won't be shafted, right?

But the REACTIONS tho.
I'm totally getting that collection if it's released in the UK. >:3