Shadid

Post by Shadid »

I live here now!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Lots o news this sooo I'll make this short and sweet.....
  • First from the SEGA Blogs come a freebie for those who want to grab the opening theme to the new Yakzuka: Dead Soul game. A nice new addition to the playlist perhaps?
  • From PSXExtreme, Phantasy Star Online 2 is comming to the PS Vita and looks can connect to your PC version as well! Sounds neat....
  • As reported by SEGA Driven, developer Creative Assembly's Total War Battles: Shogun is comming to the Android and iOS devices on April 19th 2012.
Here's what Assembly's own Creative Director and Brand Director have said about their game:
Mike Simpson, Creative Director descrbied the game as bringing “Total War’s compelling real-time battles to mobile devices.” He continues; “We’ve designed a fresh new interface, combat mechanics and visuals specifically for mobile platforms through the Unity engine. Players will face absorbing new tactical challenges across an extensive narrative-driven campaign, with numerous side missions to explore.”
The Brand Director Rob Bartholomew adds “This isn’t a Total War PC game experience on mobile devices; it’s a distinct, suitable, immersive and above all high-quality title that sits right for the format. Total War Battles is a new franchise for mobile gaming that inherits the high-quality strategy gaming principles from our core series, but tailored into a game mechanic that specifically fits the mobile format.”
  • For all you fans of the classic duo ToeJam & Earl, you're in luck, if you have Steam that is! It appears the cult SEGA title "ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron" is indeed on as of Steam yesterday, and it will cost you £3.99 for those across the pond. By the way, it also has co-op play :3
  • From SEGA's @sonic20th Twitter account and now reported by Tomopop.com a pretty cool Sonic the Hedgehog Nendoroid figure will be available come April of this year!
You can get this beaut for the wonderful price of ¥3,334. Yeah....I don't know how much that translates for other parts of the world but you can save up less by pre-ordering the figurine, so yeaaah.... XD Click the link for more info and where you can get your hands on it!
  • SEGA will become part of a list of publishers on EA's own digital download platform named Origin, reports Eurogamer. As EA exec Craig Rechenmacher puts it, "By partnering with publishers like SEGA, we're able to bring even more of the industry's best games to players on Origin."
  • For fans of Doctor Who...and there are some, the SEGA Blog posted back on Tuesday that Doctor Who: Worlds in Time is now available!

BBC Worldwide Digital Entertainment and Games today announced the official launch of Doctor Who: Worlds in Time (DoctorWhoWIT.com), the first-ever browser-based, free-to-play multiplayer online game based on the popular television series. Created in partnership with Three Rings, the award-winning developer of persistent online worlds Puzzle Pirates and Spiral Knights, the game transports fans and gamers alike on a journey throughout the boundless Doctor Who universe.....

(More info on the Doc's game at the Blog)

Plus I got info on Super Monkey Ball but I'm sure if it goes in here.....regardless, there ya go! The SEGA news from this week (that I can find)! Whew I'm pooped....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Wasn't it still the DX version though in terms of build, just with the added bits as DLC? I didn't notice a change personally!
Well, yes. But that added bits are a lot more important in Skies of Arcadia Legends.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Reknoc wrote:Well, yes. But that added bits are a lot more important in Skies of Arcadia Legends.
This is true. They're kinda ingrained in to the game though, so it may be difficult to split them up anyway.

Also, awesome post there mtwinny XD
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

mtwinny wrote:Lots o news this sooo I'll make this short and sweet.....
Somebody keeps track of the net... XD
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Somebody keeps track of the net... XD
I just try what I can! XD But yeah it's a challenge getting the news fom the week and putting it into one nice little roundup or sorts but hey it's the weekend so I can manage! ^^

Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Forgot to add....sorry....heheh...

From Nintendo World Report, SEGA of Japan has begun taking down their downloadable titles from off the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console. The titles in question are the Genesis/Mega Drive games Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic & Knuckles, as well as the Master System version of Sonic the Hedgehog. According to the piece, these games will be removed by the end of the month.

Who knows how long that'll last as this is just an example of the saddening trend of other games being removed from this service, from many other publishers.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Now that's interesting. I wonder why SEGA is doing that.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Didn't expect that.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Now that's interesting. I wonder why SEGA is doing that.
I can't tell if you're being genuine or if there was a related story that you're refrencing - perhaps a Sonic collection for the Wii being rumoured - that I hadn't heard about yet.