(Finally) The SEGA Events/News Thread!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Hercules is Roman mythology not Greek - he's the bastardised version of Heracles who they turned from a cunning warrior into a drunken lout!

sorry, i'm a bit of a classics nerd.
Tic Tac, sir?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I wouldn't my Egyption Mythology either mind you. :P

Gosh, I think I've been playing too much Age of Mythology lately... XD
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

Greek mythology.. i think it's wroth a try
Quills on Wheels wrote: Gosh, I think I've been playing too much Age of Mythology lately... XD
Ah Age of Mythology, i haven't played it in months but it's an awesome game
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Sonic and the Pharaoh Mummy?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hmm... Sonic and Mummies... Sounds interesting XD
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

May as well post this here too:

Sumo have challenged us to get 1000 unique signature for 3 SEGA characters in the game.

Someone at the SEGA Forums have made multiple petitions for certain characters to get into the game.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?4 ... become-DLC

Apologies for posting this here as well, but it's a community task for all SEGA fans to participate in! So help us if you can!
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

I think this is the right place to post it.

So, Streets of Rage was going to be adapted in 3D once again in a new game. In the end, the idea was scrapped.

[youtube]JtOIdgP7U44[/youtube]

More details.

Well, even being a prototype, it looks bland to me, and although not so realistic, it just doesn't have the same charm compared as how stylish the classic games were.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

The only thing I like about that video were the SEGA arcade cabinets..before someone threw a molotov cocktail and blew the place up.

Anywho, some SEGA news over the past few days.

Firstly, fans of Initial D will be happy to hear a new trailer arrived for Initial D Arcade Stage 7AAX. Not only that, there is gameplay of someone trying their damnest to succeed.

[youtube]ODJ_Lj16k44[/youtube]

[youtube]AavS8g6FnuU[/youtube]

Next, SEGA and Game Workshop agreed to a deal along with Creative Assembly UK. If anything, this bodes well for SEGA I would presume.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/12/06/seg ... mer-games/

Finally, and that term is being used strongly, the patch for U.S. Wii U owners of All Stars Racing Transformed has arrived. Now the Boost Challenges and some online mode issues have been fixed so all is well.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/12/05/son ... y-arrives/
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Looks like SEGA are sueing level-5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503636

Hitting a little over your weight there SEGA eh?
Bisylizzie
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Post by Bisylizzie »

Did a little research on this, loooonnnnggggg text comment on the RS article. Will repost here and hope it keeps the formatting I originally wanted...
See, I think this is stupid. I can't help but wonder, what is the point? (And, why now? This series has been out a few years...).

Although, looking into it more, it's actually specific USES of the stylus method.

"Sega (in the patent) was granted a patent on the idea of using a combination of swipes and drag/hold techniques to control multiple characters at once, while also maintaining primary control over one single character (in the case of the patent, a player with the ball, but they suggest it can be other things as well). The examples provided include moving linemen into formation using quick swipes while using a long drag to move the character with the ball up field. (So basically, a long drag will move the guy with the ball, while a quick swipe will move linemen, and a quick swipe on top of the ball to another character will pass the ball, etc. - there are multiple techniques mentioned here (including grouping multiple characters together to move at once) but they generally revolve around the same fundamental ideas)."

So, relating mainly to football games. And what game is it of SEGA's that they'd be talking about... The Soccer Tsuku series (specifically, the DS incarnations, released in 2008 and 2010). And you know what, it's starting to make some sense. The patents they are suing about, are not just any touch controls, but ones RELATING TO FOOTBALL GAMES. Thus why they're going after Level-5.

So, yeah, this part of the article "Never minding the fact many DS games have people using either method for gameplay, SEGA is looking to obtain nearly 900 yen for all this. Very odd for SEGA to be suing another company over a technique every game for a system is capable of doing, but hey it's happening." is actually wrong, because it isn't as generalised as that.

And it's 900 million yen. Not just 900. 900Yen is about £7, and not really worth this trouble. xD
Suddenly my head is a lot clearer.