A Trip Down RadioSEGA Memory Lane...

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

A Trip Down RadioSEGA Memory Lane...

Post by Twinny »

So me and TheChaosBlue were snoopingas usual around Google looking up results for RadioSEGA. And we found quite the treasure trove, so to speak.

First there's this archived forum topic based on RadioSEGA's very first legs as an online radio station! I read the entire topic, from start to finish. Sure, it's only four pages long, but there's so much hidden things that's preludes to the current outing of RS today, such as:

-Segamark suggesting "special playlists" akin to what the live shows of today are like (especally when he mentions themed playlists, kinda like SEGA AGES! :) )
-The first talk of making requests.
-A forum poster wanted a podcast of the stream...hmm....podcasts...*winks*
-and more!

Then there's this. It you really want to see how RS changed visually from then to now, GET A LOAD OF THIS! (forgive the pun!). Also, see this, this one include two more layout of the station

Wow, just wow, it took one guy to create a station centered around a still-loved gaming company (by his own weight and power, no less),to a whole community who's spreading this same station to others in his footsteps. For that I salute everyone who worked to get RadioSEGA to archieve some form of recognition for the fans who loved the company, its games, and above all else, it music!

So to leave this post on a good note, here's a legendary quote, from THE Mr.RadioSEGA himself, SEGAMark:

Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I hope you don't mind me turning this into a new thread: I thought it was too interesting to be lost in the Random Chit-Chat Thread.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:I hope you don't mind me turning this into a new thread: I thought it was too interesting to be lost in the Random Chit-Chat Thread.

Not at all, not at all! It's pretty noteworthy to me to find such secrets well before I joined RadioSEGA just a year ago. I knew there would be a past of the site, just not in this sort of capacity.

Oh I'm trying to also snag that article about RS, since the link from that one post is unavailable... :( But I'll find it! :) unless anyone else would want to try and fetch it for me? :P

I'm intrigued with that green-stlyed layout though, and its logo

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote: I'm intrigued with that green-stlyed layout though, and its logo
Classic Radio SEGA was Jet Set Radio SEGA rather than the current Samba de Radio SEGA.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Nice find!

I remember slighty the layout of June 2006, my first contact with the site, the same June 23th. Radiosega was doing a special of the 15th anniversary of Sonic. =P
It wasn´t until ends of 2007 when I found this website again. (I forgot the name back then). And then I registered at the beginnings of 2008.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Interesting. Out most interesting. How do you find these stuff though??!
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Interesting. Out most interesting. How do you find these stuff though??!

That, my friend is with thorough Google searches (Yahoo!'s searches kinda sucks), spark of interest, and a box of Cheex-its!

Here's another topic based on the station from Retro Gamer. Plus if you type RadioSEGA in the search bar on the site, it leads you to a page of results starting from 2006!

Here's another forum with more people prasing the site too!

I'm still trying to get that article though, so don't worry, peeps! It might not be soon, but I'm determined! :)

EDIT: This one's a nice little interview SEGAMark did for The Saturn Junkyard

cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

I guess I was one of the first who registered for this amazing site.
After a while, I kinda gave up on the site. It changed a lot and was off-line for some time. I still regret that.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Yeah, wonders with what a box of Cheez-It's and boredom will do to you...

I was surprised my brother stumbled upon all this stuff...I was especially intrigued with that early 'Live Shows' chat/blog/thing...looks like the boyhood dream had come true, huh?
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

cyberbeast41 wrote:I guess I was one of the first who registered for this amazing site.
Indeed you were, user 59! Though you didn't register as early as I did (what with me being user 10 - I'm actually gutted I'm not a lower number, what with me registering on day 1, probably hour 1 of the site)