Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Wizpig
Level 3
Level 3

Daytona USA [XBLA, PSN]

Post by Wizpig »

http://amcvt.sega.jp/daytona/
http://blog.sega.jp/amcvt/

Brought to you in 2 days by the best SEGA ports team: the one that ported the two Virtual On games, Virtua Fighter etc.

This is going to be good.

800 points.
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

This will be amazing. Can't wait.
Blue_Tail_Fox
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Blue_Tail_Fox »

I've never played Daytona USA before and have wanted to for quite some time now, so I'll be looking to buy this once I get the chance.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Here's the press release, guys:
[INDENT]
Daytona USA Speeds onto Consoles This Week
SEGA’s Classic Arcade Racer Gets a Rolling Start on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (October 25th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. are pleased to announce that Daytona USA will arrive on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft tomorrow, October 26. Daytona® USA will be available on PlayStation®Network in late November this year in Europe. Both versions of the game feature newly enhanced graphics, steering wheel support, online multiplayer, and will provide the thrills of the arcade classic from the comfort of players’ living rooms. Daytona USA will be available to download on PSN for $9.99 / £6.29 / €7.99 / AUS$12.95 and 800 Microsoft Points.

Daytona USA is the game that truly defined head-to-head racing for a generation of arcade gamers,” said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Publishing for SEGA of America. “We have re-created every element of the Daytona experience for the new console version. Having the ability to play the game in online multiplayer turns your living room into the arcades of yesteryear.”

The re-release of Daytona USA features:
  • Fresh Oil and a New Coat of Paint: Experience the classic retro graphics of the original arcade hit in an enhanced,16:9 widescreen format
  • Let’s Go Away: Re-live your glory days of racing to the sounds of the original Daytona USA soundtrack, also available in Karaoke Mode – admit it, you know you have been singing along anyway
  • Pedal to the Metal: Drive like a pro with included support for the Logitech GT Driving Force steering wheel controller on PS3™, and all Xbox 360-supported steering wheel controllers
  • Reach the Winner’s Circle: Challenge AI opponents in Arcade Mode, race the clock in Survival and Time Trial Modes, and trade paint with up to eight players in online multiplayer to place on the worldwide leaderboard
[/INDENT]
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I read Eurogamer's review today (9/10 - Better than Uncharted 3 lolololol...ahem), and it sounds like they've re-recorded the soundtrack. Hmm.

Will have a listen tonight after it's downloaded, and if so I'll have to hunt a gamerip down for the radio. Thought they'd use the original arcade soundtrack.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Sold.
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

It's amazing. Download it now!
The graphics are renewed just enough.
The music is very clear.
Gameplay is above awesome.
And 8-player multiplayer goodness, with or without AI cars.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I played the demo last night, gonna download it in a minute now I've finished an assignment.

Felt like a mix of the saturn and dreamcast versions - had handling similar to the DC version but the brakes were better so you don't just sail into the barriers if you don't reember the exact brakng point.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I've not really played 2001 past Three Seven Speedway, just can't suss the braking points out.
Wizpig
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wizpig »

Just bought it, will play online this evening at 20.30 UK time :)

ps. i found the music very low, i had to bring it up in the options