Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community

Default King of Fighters XIII

Anyone thinking of getting it later this month? I'm um-ing and ah-ing in regards of pre-ordering it at the moment.

On one hand the 4 disc sound and other goodies that Rising Star have bundled with the pre-order are tempting and Ash Crimson is rather smexeh.

On the other hand the only KOF game I've played so far was XII. While it wasn't bad it still wasn't worth 40 - although, there's supposedly more to XIII than there was in XII.

Thoughts? Looking forward to it? Going to buy it? Hate SNK and everything they stand for? Have nothing relevant to say but want to up your post count? THEN LET'S GO!

I wasn't bothered to play XII that much, played it on a local store and it wasn't that good.

That is, until I got XIII, and it's eons better than the last iteration. I didn't jump on the online yet because my FightStick is getting repaired and I suck at KoF, but overall, the game feels more smooth and entertaining.

And I tried to play it like it was KoF '95. I REALLY don't recommend it, to be honest.

By the way, here's the combo video available in the Deluxe Edition of the game:

Last edited by Shadid; 26-12-2011 at 18:12.
    I live here now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadid View Post
    That is, until I got XIII, and it's eons better than the last iteration. I didn't jump on the online yet because my FightStick is getting repaired and I suck at KoF, but overall, the game feels more smooth and entertaining.

More smooth and entertaining is definitely a fitting description...Apart from the online modes. Be thankful your fightstick is knackered; the lag makes fighting online impossible.

Other than the online mode it's a solid enough and very pretty fighter. Most definitely worth a look if you have some pennies spare and fancy a change from street Fighter.

NOT CONFUSING AT ALL Killer French Bread's Avatar

The london level looks cool, the buses pretty similar to the stage in England Capcom v SNK 2 (what a game that was).
    Tic Tac, sir?

Have played several KOF games but the old versions really feels more at home on the AES console. KOF XIII really feels great from what I have played it so far and is a huge step in the right direction after KOF XII.

I'm a huge SNK fan and I'm hoping we will see the newly announced arcade upgrade of KOF XIII on the home consoles.

I doubt we will, from what I've read of the Arcade upgrade they're just adding in the changes from the console version.

Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    I doubt we will, from what I've read of the Arcade upgrade they're just adding in the changes from the console version.
    That is to bad! Was hoping for some new characters and backgrounds.
    But I will be optimistic until something have been officially confirmed