Sonic 20th Anniversary CDs and Crush 40 on iTunes

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Sonic 20th Anniversary CDs and Crush 40 on iTunes

Post by Shockerbey »

After months of speculation on Facebook, it was announced on the Crush 40 page that they are now available on itunes. The song list is Super Sonic Songs with Free, With Me and 7 rings in hand include. Song of Hope (The charity single) is also available. Sonic Boom is available along with the other 20th anniversary cd releases (Adventure 1 and 2 with Heroes and CD). Just giving people the heads up. Song of hope is pretty good
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

They're the "LIVE AND LEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNNNNNN" guys, right?
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Kaito-kun wrote:They're the "LIVE AND LEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNNNNNN" guys, right?
yea

the works have gone up as well
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I've got around to popping over to iTunes and having a proper look. The 20th Anniversary Soundtracks (CD, Adventure, Adventure 2 and Heroes) don't look too bad. I would have bought the SA2 soundtrack if it didn't have this classic track noticeably absent from the track list:

[youtube]CvERHiTfx9w[/youtube]
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

So what we're saying is that after I paid ~£25 to import a copy of Sonic CD from Japan, on the day it arrives I find out that it's on iTunes for £7.99?

Wonderful...

Seriously, it's great news to finally see SEGA/Sonic OSTs on iTunes, but after the false start of Sonic Colours, it would have been awesome for SEGA to let us know this was happening, as I probably wouldn't have bought the CD if I'd have known I could have got it off iTunes. I do think I'll grab Super Sonic Songs though.

Hopefully this means the Sonic Generations OST will be available to purchase on iTunes, as I'll snap their hands off for that. I thought of getting the CD until I saw it was ~US$50. Getting the download will hopefully be a little cheaper.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

ResidentSD wrote:So what we're saying is that after I paid ~£25 to import a copy of Sonic CD from Japan, on the day it arrives I find out that it's on iTunes for £7.99?

Wonderful...

Seriously, it's great news to finally see SEGA/Sonic OSTs on iTunes, but after the false start of Sonic Colours, it would have been awesome for SEGA to let us know this was happening, as I probably wouldn't have bought the CD if I'd have known I could have got it off iTunes. I do think I'll grab Super Sonic Songs though.

Hopefully this means the Sonic Generations OST will be available to purchase on iTunes, as I'll snap their hands off for that. I thought of getting the CD until I saw it was ~US$50. Getting the download will hopefully be a little cheaper.
Yeah so far all the cds are 7.99 even the works and its massive. Hopefully this is the way sega will work OSTs there is definitely enough demand for it
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Interesting how Crush 40 added bonus tracks onto the Super Sonic Songs collection. Shame they're all awful though. Well, two of them are anyway.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Gavvie wrote:Interesting how Crush 40 added bonus tracks onto the Super Sonic Songs collection. Shame they're all awful though. Well, two of them are anyway.

Curious which two your on about, free and?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Seven Rings in Hand. To be fair, that song was bad anyway.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Gavvie wrote:Seven Rings in Hand. To be fair, that song was bad anyway.
Aye but it was the lesser of two evils, it was (slightly ) better than the original version. But its like the saying goes u cant polish crap