SEGA and 3D International Teams Up For Arcades

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

SEGA and 3D International Teams Up For Arcades

Post by Twinny »

If you enjoy the "wonders" of 3D gaming, then how about this? According to Newswire, SEGA is joining forces with 3D International, the world's leading provider for all things three dimensional to create the first glasses-free 3D arcade cabinet.

Also from the post, it's looks like Japan won't be the only place for this to happen, so arcades and theme parks from around the world will soon get a crack at it.

Check out the full story here

So guys and gals, what do think about this? Daytona USA in 3D? Oh my.....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

Whatever they try, arcades are a thing of the past sadly. Even Yu Suzuki himself admitted that nothing can be done about it.
Yes, it's great that they'll do this but 3D is all around us: cinema, home tv's, etc. Nothing that people haven't seen so it will not bring them to arcades.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Everything is becoming 3D now, so with this they think that people might come back flocking to arcades and amusement parks to see these new cabinets. Don't know how that's going to work out, but the excitement of arcades nowadays are only in small doses or none at all.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

CDbiggen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by CDbiggen »

It saddens me to see arcades these days. Where I live, I have gradually seen old conventional arcade games and machines be pushed aside for fruit machines and other gambling related games. For me Sega will always be the king of arcade game development and these units sound awesome, but I doubt I'll see one here in the UK though.
People are like books. We’ve all got a front and a back. You get my drift?
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Not just 3D though. I saw a thing on ABC's Nightline that some company is making arcade games for bathrooms. Literally, games controlled by your own pee. Obviously, they can't take very long, but it's kinda weird.

They also said SEGA is doing the same thing in Japan. I'd be interested to see what does better.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
darkchaos
Level 1
Level 1

Post by darkchaos »

crippenstation wrote:
They also said SEGA is doing the same thing in Japan. I'd be interested to see what does better.

Saw something about that ages ago. Apparently one of the games involved you attempting to "raise a womans skirt" by pissing as hard as you can. God damn Japan and their obsessions with Hentai!
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I think HOTD would be great in 3d! :)