SEGA Phantasy Zone

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Shadix
Level 1
Level 1

SEGA Phantasy Zone

Post by Shadix »

Advert:

http://phantasyzone.arc-impulse.com/advert.mp3

Snippets:

http://phantasyzone.arc-impulse.com/snippets.mp3

Hey guys, we're trying to start up a radio show project here and we want you to check us out! Hosted by Sonic Retro members Peter O'Hanlon (Zorbtech Productions), Skyler King (Metallic Hoedown, Ben Kalough, etc), and Shadix (SAGE) join you for a new podcasting experience covering the Sonic community and SEGA as a whole.

During our show we'll also be operating an IRC chatroom to get listener feedback and interactivity:
irc.badnik.net
#phantasyzone

We'll be airing our first test episode on Saturday at 7PMEST \ 12AM GMT. You can listen at http://www.radiosega.net. We'll also have episodes online post-show, however with the interactivity we're planning there's definitely alot you can miss with the live show! You should come check it out!

Art by: darkfailure
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Awesome! A Saturday Double-header! Good luck on the new show! Oh btw, will you guys be interacting with the RadioSEGA IRC?

EDIT: Um what happened to the stream?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

When will the podcast be available and where can we get it from? The show wasn't exactly promoted that well by RadioSEGA, so I'd imagine a lot of people missed out last night.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ResidentSD wrote:When will the podcast be available and where can we get it from? The show wasn't exactly promoted that well by RadioSEGA, so I'd imagine a lot of people missed out last night.

It had a ton of problems in the first 'hour', but picked up the pace in the second.

Weird, there was like ZERO promotion...it was only near the end of SIlver's Saturday Show yesterday that there was even a mention of a new show debuting on RadioSEGA last night.

...And add to the fact they used Sonic Retro's IRC chatroom didn't help all that much...

This show has potential, just nees to iron some things out.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Weird, there was like ZERO promotion...it was only near the end of SIlver's Saturday Show yesterday that there was even a mention of a new show debuting on RadioSEGA last night.
With the greatest of respect to them (in fact thanks to them as I wouldn't have known of the show with them) RadioSEGA shouldn't need Radio Nintendo to do promos for a new show. RadioSEGA has a website with a blog, a Facebook account, and a Twitter account, none of which had any mention of a new show. The only clue was the forum thread, which you have to make more of an effort to see. Plus, the forum thread title didn't necessarily jump out as being for a new show, so that didn't help either. However, I don't blame the guys who did the forum thread - there absolutely should be a place to discuss. However it should have been communicated in other ways too. The whole reason I and others follow Twitter accounts is to get updates on stuff that's going on! It's very disappointing.

As I say - will check out the podcast when it comes around though.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

ResidentSD wrote:With the greatest of respect to them (in fact thanks to them as I wouldn't have known of the show with them) RadioSEGA shouldn't need Radio Nintendo to do promos for a new show. RadioSEGA has a website with a blog, a Facebook account, and a Twitter account, none of which had any mention of a new show. The only clue was the forum thread, which you have to make more of an effort to see. Plus, the forum thread title didn't necessarily jump out as being for a new show, so that didn't help either. However, I don't blame the guys who did the forum thread - there absolutely should be a place to discuss. However it should have been communicated in other ways too. The whole reason I and others follow Twitter accounts is to get updates on stuff that's going on! It's very disappointing.
Now, now, let's be fair the Twitter account did make mention of it. After the show had aired.

It's things like this that give the impression that RadioSEGA is an incredibly half-arsed operation. If you're going to run a project/commuunity like RadioSEGA then put 100% into it!
Shadix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shadix »

Hey guys, I'm sorry about the mishaps last night. I wouldn't be too hard on the people running the station they've been extremely accommodating. The last minute nature of this cast was due to some very last minute coordination \bad timing on my part as well. As I understand it Gavvie has been gone\busy for a while.

Regarding the IRC. We can move it over. I had forgotten radiosega had its own IRC as I don't particularly see it advertised on the site, however the choice of using the badnik server had to do with the fact that most of us are from Sonic Retro.

Also wanted to mention that unless SAM saves broadcasts in a specific folder I'm not sure that last nights cast actually got recorded. We'll be doing this again Dec. 17th and hopefully by then all the kinks will be ironed out.

Thanks for checking us out though!
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Shadix wrote:Also wanted to mention that unless SAM saves broadcasts in a specific folder I'm not sure that last nights cast actually got recorded. We'll be doing this again Dec. 17th and hopefully by then all the kinks will be ironed out.
Assuming you ticked the box to output a copy of the stream and you didn't change the file name, do a search for 'stream*.aac' (without the quotes) and you should find it. Unfortunately, we've all fallen foul of the 'forgot to set the output folder name' mistake - it isn't just you!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Oh, SD, I forgot to mention it wasn't Silversonic who mentioned the show, it was actually me and TheChaosBlue in the IRC that day...sorry :S
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Yeah...it seemed at the time, me and mtwinny were like the only ones here on RadioSEGA that knew...

But hey, don't sweat it. Anyway you you look at it, we have a new RadioSEGA show. I'm looking forward to next Saturday's show.