Arcade Finds

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Not sure if this is what you call an arcade machine but in the BeachHouse(a place full of games and arcades and you know), we have THIS little beauty which I never managed to try out because it is always out of order...

One day I am hoping to be able to go there and buy the machine off them. IF that's even possible.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I remember the first time I saw silent scope in the arcades. It's probably the last time I saw an arcade game that impressed me tech wise I'm sad to say. Ooh now I think I might have to google it as I can't remember the name but the trafford centre had a samurai game where u had a plastic sword as a controller. The sword on screen moved where u moved it so you could sword fight in realtime. That was pretty snazzy.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Yeah Silent Scope was cool. F355 3 screen cab was the one around that time that really caught your eye for me though. It was so loud when you climbed in the cockpit of that thing, the Dreamcast version was good but not a patch on the real experience. Get Bass fishing too was pretty crazy when you first saw it.
Tic Tac, sir?
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Well some of you know me just a bit.... well enough to know im a huge outrun fan lol, the long lost sit down cab thats a gem to find, but i come across this article on Kotaku which really spiked my interest (the urban legend machine)

Please be aware from what the page says anyone with epilepsy dont watch!!!!!!

i havnt looked myself but i read the article

http://kotaku.com/5865357/the-crazy-urb ... de-machine
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Funland in the troc had some old cabs in there but sadly its been closed down and last i went to the troc all the cabs were still there. Sad site it was as well seeing the whole place closed as I had lots of fun going there with mates.

Back on topic when I was in Gloucester seeing my girlfriend (now ex girlfriend) we went to the cinema there to see a film and noticed between a fruit machine and a crane machine they had SEGA's old Model 3 racer Le Man's 24 running and it looked like it was in fantastic condition.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

7Force wrote:Funland in the troc had some old cabs in there but sadly its been closed down and last i went to the troc all the cabs were still there. Sad site it was as well seeing the whole place closed as I had lots of fun going there with mates.
Sadly i heard its permanant and their turning into a pod hotel... the memories of a classic arcade
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

baraka6 wrote:Sadly i heard its permanant and their turning into a pod hotel... the memories of a classic arcade
Yeah I remember when it was SEGA World. So many memories. I do hope that many of the cabs find good homes and dont get scrapped, especially the Para Para Paradise cab which I heard is the only one in the country and was a laugh playing that with friends.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

From what i heard Funland did not pay their bills and trocadero shut them down and kept the cabs... i think their going to sell them and recover some funds from it. A great shame for all who ever crossed the threshold of funland.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

baraka6 wrote:From what i heard Funland did not pay their bills and trocadero shut them down and kept the cabs... i think their going to sell them and recover some funds from it. A great shame for all who ever crossed the threshold of funland.
Any idea of how/where they're going to sell the cabs? I wouldn't mind one or two of theirs. It was a great place in there.
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

baraka6 wrote:From what i heard Funland did not pay their bills and trocadero shut them down and kept the cabs... i think their going to sell them and recover some funds from it. A great shame for all who ever crossed the threshold of funland.
theres a lot of different stories going around as to why they shut. From what I was told is that the landlord was being an ass and raised the lease price and even though the funland owner could afford to pay them they still forced them to shut by turning off the electricity to the place even though funland was paying the bills.