Sonic and his Friends: What do you think of them?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

not hardcore just so happened to have a new tv so it was a perfect time to get my genesis out with the games and manuals so bad timing i guess. :I
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

A new TV seems like an awful time to get the old megadrive out! Unless it's an awesome new old TV I guess.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I tend to play alot of old consoles now cause im collecting some games :) im setting the cables right now, had to buy something extra to make my genesis, nes, and snes to work on the tv. Its a bitch installing right now, the cable isn't reading the NES for some reason.

If it doesn't work ima keep my old bulky tv.

You know whos a horrible character? Shadow.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I really don't like Shadow. I don't have the slightest clue why though.

Oh and there's so much fanart of him on deviantART that it's not normal.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shadow had redeemed himself ever so slightly...but still he is one hell of a complex character.

I swear though (and spare a thought since I was nine years old at the time) seeing Metal Sonic appear like he did in Heroes was a mark-out moment for me, especially when he turned into Metal Madness and then Metal Overlord. Looking back at it now, man what crazy concept fot a villian that was.

..Well, his motive was eh...wait, did he just want to defeat Sonic as he wanted to proclaim himself to be superior, and then rule the world with a metallic fist? Or was it one or the other? Sorry for coming back to ol' Metal here....
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Lizzy wrote:Metal Sonic was in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles........Look again. In Death Egg that was metal Sonic *Early version* he was in Sonic 3 and Knuckles in that Sky Sanctuary zone.
Saw this post, and thought I'd add my two cents in, just to clear up any and all misunderstanding.

The Metal Sonic you're referring to from Sonic 2 (both Mega Drive/Genesis and Master System versions) is called Silver Sonic. Metal Sonic as we know him first appeared in Sonic CD, and was destroyed in that game, although he does later appear in Sonic Drift 2, Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters. Sonic Adventure hints that Eggman/Robotnik has either rebuilt Metal Sonic, or is building a new one. It's also unknown as to which Metal Sonic the one from Heroes is. I would presume that Eggman rebuilt the first one, but he became sentient and therefore defied Eggman.

Sonic & Knuckles' metal variant is called Mecha Sonic, and is not like Metal Sonic at all, obviously owing to that one being destroyed in Sonic CD.

Hopefully that clears a few things up. I have no idea who at SEGA would've told you that ALL metal Sonic variants are called Metal Sonic, but I certainly know one or two people who I could fire a message off to ask to clarify info. Far as I know, I think that's pretty accurate ^_^
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Whoa, nice to see ya Gav; it's a rarity to see you post in this topic.

By the way, that sounds pretty accuarte...but regarding the Silver Sonic name, just reading some Sonic Wikis and says that name was used in the EU manuals for Sonic 2...

Seems that the Mecha Sonic name in Sonic games can all be a disambiguation huh?

Oh, and Mecha Sonic looks awesome in design in my opinion. :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, Silver Sonic is one given name, Mecha Sonic the other. Either way, he isn't Metal Sonic.
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

My favourite character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise is Yoshi the crocodile. I liked it when he had to find the computer room ^_^
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah, Silver Sonic is one given name, Mecha Sonic the other. Either way, he isn't Metal Sonic.

True, true. Both are awesome in my eyes. Mecha Sonic from Sonic & Knuckles kicks all kinds of ass. :P
Mena wrote:My favourite character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise is Yoshi the crocodile. I liked it when he had to find the computer room ^_^

Dontcha mean Vector? XD

Six years and he still haven't found the DAMN COMPUTER ROOM AUGH...