Sonic and his Friends: What do you think of them?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
crush on sonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by crush on sonic »

well i do have to admit that i find Eggman's lack of comedian skills kinda funny
i am not sonamy crazy
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't think Nega Eggman was all that great. Though really Eggman himself is a character carried on the performance of his voice actor who really gets it just right to make him the goofy saturday morning villain without taking it too far.

Well... in Colours anyway.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I agree mostly on the Nega Eggman thing...but I perfer his Rush incarnation. I feel he provided a good antoginist to Blaze; the Rivals games just ruined it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't like Nega because I don't feel Sonic needs a serious villain. Mascot platformers in general don't. That's why the Mario RPGs elevate Bowser to god tier villain status because he's hilarious. Alpha Dream/Intelligent Systems get it.

edit: I'm just going to go and take credit for saving this thread by making it primarily about Eggman.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Yes Reknoc, EGGMAN RULEZ! *shot*

I overlooked that whole 'Serious Villians in Platformers' thing...looking back on platfromers I've played, I see that your right :P Like for example, the Crash Bandicoot series?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

You must be broken if you can't enjoy the Mario Galaxy games, they're pretty much 3D platforming perfection.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

yea gotta agree there (getting more and more common this) galaxies were awesome. But eggman, i really hate him as a villain, he either has a stupid amusement park idea (unleashed) or end up doing something stupid that he needs sonics help (most other games) and his fail tag of scrambled eggman has gotten really old really fast
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:You must be broken if you can't enjoy the Mario Galaxy games, they're pretty much 3D platforming perfection.

Guess I am broken..lol...nah, I only posted that to see any sort of reaction :P

Of course Super Mario Galaxy is awesome...just didn't play the sequel...I'll go change that post now...

Oh, and shockerbey, that stupid amusement park idea was in Colors...just sayin...either way, you have your viewpoint intact!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Shockerbey wrote:yea gotta agree there (getting more and more common this) galaxies were awesome. But eggman, i really hate him as a villain, he either has a stupid amusement park idea (unleashed) or end up doing something stupid that he needs sonics help (most other games) and his fail tag of scrambled eggman has gotten really old really fast
Hey look at the bright side. At least he doesn't do the same thing over and over again in every game like, umm, I know don't... kidnapping a princess every time?
Not trying to be rude to Mario games in any way though.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

But his motives are exactly the same regardless of what he does.