RadioSEGA's Song of 2011

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...

RadioSEGA's Song of 2011

Poll ended at Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:00 am

Transmutator - Believe in Myself (Summer of Sonic 2011)
No votes
U-ji - Melodic Trance (ClubSEGA @ London Gaming Con)
7%
Beatdrop - Overflow (RadioSEGA's 24 Hour SEGATHON)
13%
Sonic Generations - City Escape (Classic Mix) (Sonic Generations)
67%
NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - The Nemesis Schema
No votes
mirezto - World is Mine (Hatsune Miku Dubstep Mix) (SNS P24)
No votes
The Sound of Speed - Hogtied
No votes
NiGHTS - The Mantle (NiGHTS' 15th Anniversary)
No votes
Sonic Rush - Metal Scratchin' (Pts 1 & 2) (SEGA AGES P24)
No votes
Sonic the Hedgehog - Credits (Sonic's 20th Anniversary)
13%

Total votes: 15

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

RadioSEGA's Song of 2011

Post by Gavvie »

It's that time of year again! Time to reflect back on the past 12 months and pick out a track which we feel has defined our year!

Last year, you were voting on the 10 songs which we felt had defined RadioSEGA's first year of live broadcasts, and My Dear Friend, Rally from SEGA Rally waltzed away with 1st place. This year, we've gone for something a little different.

This year, RadioSEGA has been involved in a few more events than in previous years. We DJ'd at Summer of Sonic for the second year, as well as closing off the inaugural London Gaming Con with ClubSEGA
Plug
Podcast now available at SEGAMedia and iTunes
Add to that our first ever 24 Hour SEGATHON, and two slots on SEGASonic Radio's Project 24, and we've had a cracking year.

There's also been a couple of birthdays, as Sonic reached 20, and NiGHTS hit 15, the former's big day being celebrated with the release of Sonic Generations. In both cases, OverClocked ReMix released albums to overall acclaim.

Tonight, on Saturday Night SEGA from 10pm UK time, we will be revealing the 10 songs which we feel has defined these events. Attempting to shy away from Sonic was difficult, and as a result there are a few tracks from different games in the franchise. We have tried to stick to songs that are favourites, however.

So when can you vote? As soon as Saturday Night SEGA has finished, we will be adding a poll in with the 10 tracks. Voting will close at 9pm UK Time on New Year's Eve, with the final result being broadcast on Saturday Night SEGA an hour later.

Remember to tune in tonight to hear the contenders, but in the meantime, feel free to muse on what you think will be included!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Nice to see the RadioSEGA Song Of....back this year! I'm already guessing what songs may be part of the 10 reveals tonight! ^^
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Sounds a little bit more like "Gavvie's Musical Sega-related Review of 2011" than "RadioSEGA's Song of 2011" to me, but have fun with it anyway Gav.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Kaito-kun wrote:Sounds a little bit more like "Gavvie's Musical Sega-related Review of 2011" than "RadioSEGA's Song of 2011" to me, but have fun with it anyway Gav.
In fairness, the Song of 2011 is more difficult to do than the Song of 2010. As 2010 was RadioSEGA Live!'s first year, it created it's own meme's and favourites which featured as part of the chart. However, in 2011, RadioSEGA was more settled (well in terms of the above anyway) so to base it on events that happened relating to RadioSEGA is probably the best way to do it. I certainly can't think of a better way.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The poll has been activated!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

mtwinny wrote:The poll has been activated!
Get voting kids!
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

well didnt think of the credits from generations, worth a vote or 2
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

None of those

Hatsune Miku - Secret Garden is the song of the year (i think)... Was it this year Gavvie had a little karaoke version of it? :D
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Classic City Escape leading...as expected.

I swear, when ResidentSD joked that nothing else was going to beat this track, I thought to myself, "This is the Chuck Norris of the RadioSEGA Song of 2011".