Sonic 1: Going Back in time

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Sonic 1: Going Back in time

Post by Lizzy »

The power of Wii points, you can buy the master system & the genesis games again and re-live a happier time!

As I was playing it made me think of this thread. when you played this game, what was the hardest part? Or a tip to share?, favorite level? Most difficult?
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Oh man, the original Sonic the Hedgehog.

I mostly play it when it's in compilations, along with the second game. It's also in Sonic Generations. It's a fun game, but after playing Generations, the original feels a bit slow. Oh and I've never finished it. I always get stuck and give up, then go back to Sonic 2, which I've finished several times.
Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

ha where do you get stuck XD
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

It's been awhile since I've gotten any further than the marble zone. I think I got upto one of the later zones, but I can't recall which one.

Now, well... Like I said, I can't get any further than the marble zone due to my rather short attention span. I can't play anything for more than half an hour without getting bored. There's been some exeptions, however.

Hrm, maybe I should give Sonic another go. Maybe I'll get further than the second zone this time.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

huntergemini wrote:It's been awhile since I've gotten any further than the marble zone. I think I got upto one of the later zones, but I can't recall which one.

Now, well... Like I said, I can't get any further than the marble zone due to my rather short attention span. I can't play anything for more than half an hour without getting bored. There's been some exeptions, however.

Hrm, maybe I should give Sonic another go. Maybe I'll get further than the second zone this time.

Call me crazy, but it was only a couple of months ago that I've finally beaten all of Sonic 1 for the first time in my life...yay for me! :P
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Hmph! Just you wait, one of these days, I'll finish it!

I might actually give it ago later. Hopefully I won't get bored after half an hour.
Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

LOL dorks.... try the code Up down left right A Start or on the Wii Controller its up down left right, + and A. Listen for the chime :D
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

huntergemini wrote:Hmph! Just you wait, one of these days, I'll finish it!

I might actually give it ago later. Hopefully I won't get bored after half an hour.

Yeah, I get that short attention span when playing the classics as well. Sonic 1 and 2 were those titles that did it for me.
Lizzy wrote:LOL dorks.... try the code Up down left right A Start or on the Wii Controller its up down left right, + and A. Listen for the chime :D

I'm no dork....lol XD

Oh, forgot to mention, I beaten Sonic 1 using a Nintendo DS, the game is called Sonic Classic Collection. No cheat codes work on that game.
Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

Maaaan forget that, it's not Sonic without using a cheat code once in a while. I used to collect all the emeralds , then level select to final Zone and won, wohoo. That was on a very lazy day.

Best thing on the Wii is, it has the same glitches in Starlight Zone & Scarp Brain Zone have where Sonic, "magically" dies
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Lizzy wrote:The power of Wii points, you can buy the master system & the genesis games again and re-live a happier time!
Just a reminder for the sake of fairness that it's also available on your friendly PSN and XBL stores.
Lizzy wrote: Best thing on the Wii is, it has the same glitches in Starlight Zone & Scarp Brain Zone have where Sonic, "magically" dies
I think you've confused the words "Best" and "Worst" there. A good glitch is one in which the game quickly realises it's mistake and fixes it quickly, all the while being humorous about it's own mess up, such as this from Beautiful Kataamari: [youtube]GVW_3ybT-5c[/youtube]