Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Sonic 4 Episode II

Post by Gonic »

Its offical, on December 29th 2011 we will have our first footage of Sonic 4.2

Source
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/12/son ... -tomorrow/

Will post link when it goes up...unless someone beats me to it.

(Feel free to lock this if you would rather move it to the appropriate thread)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What we know:

Physics are supposed to be better - Someone responsible for the game thought the physics for episode 1 were good, so this could mean anything

Music will be similar - Still shit.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Well there apparently getting fan input about how the game plays etc (like they did with the original one). If thats true then I say change the music! Oh and they promised its not a remake of Sonic CD (which is good cause that game is so over rated >_>)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't really like the use of the term "better" because that is far too subjective. And when a hack like Iizuka is in charge better could mean worse. After Generations it's very obvious what Sonic 4 should be, or should have been if they're not willing to forget Episode 1 happened.

edit: Since you brought up Sonic CD; I hope they don't waste the awesome engine they have.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Hopefully 4.2 will feel like generations. I'm not gonna lie, 4.1 was as floaty as fighting games on the PS1 when your jump
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I doubt Episode 2 will have Classic Sonic physics implemented in...I heard that the physics will be little to not changed at all . And since this is Dimps more than likely working on this, things will possibly stay the same.

But, I would like (and really hope) to see Classic Sonic's 3DS Generations physics implemented, at least Dimps got something right (until later stages though).

However, hopefully Tails will be playable, and by how Sonic CD is now being portrayed as how the Sonic 4 Saga truly begins, I feel some elements from that game will be in (like the Time Posts).

What I really can't wait for regarding this announcement is the incoming fan hate/fan dumb from some fans...that will be enjoyable for sure.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Kinda sad that back in the day it only took a couple of months to complete Sonic 1 2 and 3 while the second portion of this game took over a year.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Yeah i'm shocked how long this has taken to come out. With it being Episode based I thought they'd follow on in quick succesion. Obviously not. I just hope there's some new things to see in this one. I only ever had 1 playthrough of Sonic 4 then never had the urge to play it again as i'd seen it all before.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

The trailer is out.

The teaser is out with an interview and here it is!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Oh they announced the release of a teaser trailer. I guess I could have watched the interview but I'm sure it would have been meaningless.