Username Origins

What it says on the tin...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shockerbey wrote:Started whenever a lad i know yelled it whenever i fell into a wooden fence, took it as a nickname then a youtube user name and now on here. Responsible for a few incidents lol

So...pain inspired you to have that name? Interesting.... XD
Kezman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Kezman »

Mine is just something that people started calling. It has nothing to do with my football ability and i have Chelsea.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

ShadowPhantom wrote:Gavvie is a combination of your first and last names, am I right?
Not at all, no. I'm not actually sure where it comes from, it's just something a friend started calling me, and it stuck.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Really? Huh. I saw your actual name in an email, and if you combine them you'd get something like Gavvie, so I thought that's what it was.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Gavvie: I'm curious how your friend came up with that name - it's pretty unique.

As for me, I always kinda had a fascination with media and eventually came up with the whole 'if I had a TV station what programming would it have' thing which I still have today. That station I have called TCS or The Crippen Station, using my last name. So, crippenstation.

TCS has kinda been made a reality with my at home video studio TCS Films, along with its YouTube channel. I haven't done anything for about a year though after a very disappointing cancelled project I REALLY wanted to do...
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

crippenstation wrote:Gavvie: I'm curious how your friend came up with that name - it's pretty unique.
Man, I can't even tell if that's sarcasm or not.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Reknoc wrote:Man, I can't even tell if that's sarcasm or not.
Trust me, that wasn't sarcasm. I never heard the word or name of Gavvie until RadioSEGA.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

crippenstation wrote:Trust me, that wasn't sarcasm. I never heard the word or name of Gavvie until RadioSEGA.
It's like Andy or Billy. Just adding a y on the end and maybe shortening it, if they were male since ie at the end is generally feminine.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

TheChaosBlue wrote:So...pain inspired you to have that name? Interesting.... XD
Aye why not, was more i was had alot of "stupid" mishaps that more and more people started to call and i liked it so it stuck.

Pain is responsible for loads here
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shockerbey wrote:Aye why not, was more i was had alot of "stupid" mishaps that more and more people started to call and i liked it so it stuck.

Pain is responsible for loads here

Eh, fair enough. Cool history of that name btw.